Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
I've been looking for sometime to get into a 94-99 Eldorado or Seville.
I've got the opportunity to pick up this '98 Eldorado ESC with 105xxx miles for $6700. It's extremely clean and runs great.
What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
stilinsm said:
Hey Everyone,
I've been looking for sometime to get into a 94-99 Eldorado or Seville.
I've got the opportunity to pick up this '98 Eldorado ESC with 105xxx miles for $6700. It's extremely clean and runs great.
What do you think?
Welcome to the forums.
Great find i love the extra chrome and the pin striping

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Homer. What do you think of the price? Any concerns over the high miles? Is there anything I should be looking for mechanically?

Scott

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
stilinsm said:
Thanks Homer. What do you think of the price? Any concerns over the high miles? Is there anything I should be looking for mechanically?

Scott
The mileage i wouldn't be to concerned about but that price is a little high by my book, I would run your diagnostic codes that is about all i can tell you

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
DUDE that price is GOLDEN!!!! PICK IT UP!

Id look into maintenance history and a Carfax also.....

CRIMSON PEARL IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE!!!!!! And the aftermarket rims look nice too!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
elwesso said:
DUDE that price is GOLDEN!!!! PICK IT UP!

Id look into maintenance history and a Carfax also.....

CRIMSON PEARL IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE!!!!!! And the aftermarket rims look nice too!!
Yea, the price is great, not sure what homer meant :confused: . Carfax is clean. The Cadi dealer only had warranty records on file. The biggest issue in the first 40k miles was the ac compressor. Sure wish I could find the previous owners name and number. Carfax shows that the dealership picked it up a auction.

·
Registered
125 Posts
WOW! Want a deal! You sure found a beautiful car for a nice price. I'd start with my own maintenance records. I'd have the oil/filter done. Then I'd get the tranny and trans axel fluid and filter changed. Next, the cooling system. This way you'll have a good record of the services performed and when. Enjoy and keep us up to date!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Yes.... Ditto what SLS said..... If I knew where it was located, id come and get it before you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
elwesso said:
Yes.... Ditto what SLS said..... If I knew where it was located, id come and get it before you!
Give ya a hint of where it's at..."The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of ....." ;)

I've got a $500 refundable hold on it, as I'm still undecided. Totally impractible, child #4 on the way... :shocked2:

Here's a couple more pics

Attachments

·
Registered
none :-(
282 Posts
stilinsm said:
Give ya a hint of where it's at..."The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of ....." ;)

I've got a $500 refundable hold on it, as I'm still undecided. Totally impractible, child #4 on the way... :shocked2:

Here's a couple more pics
Too bad we have big problems when importing used non-european cars. You must pay for a precise test confirming the car has required properties plus you must get manufacturer's - in this case GM - expression (which is a problem because GM has no subsidiary here). Some people are running these cars under U.S. tags, but it is not so legal...
If these complications didn't exist, for that money I would visit U.S. and grab it ASAP :burn:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Man, that ESC is beautiful. :yup: For the condition and mileage, the price is definitely better than I have seen...BUT it sucks pulling a baby seat out of a coupe if you know what I mean. Then again, if your other car is a coupe, what's the difference. Buy the Eldog and sell the other. OR if you are so inclined, you could buy it an flip it for $8500 or $9000 and make yourself some quick money :coolgleam

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Problem, I'm in MO and the car is in TX. A good friend of mine took it for another test drive today. After about 20 minutes and a good go through, the check engine light came on :confused: . Unfortunately my friend didn't have the time to get them to check the code. I called the salesman and he's going to have the code checked tomorrow and will let me know.

How do I know he's going to tell me the truth? He may say something it was something as simple as the gas cap was loose, when in fact it maybe something more like the engines about ready to blow.

If he clears the code(s), will I be able to tell if they were something more than what he says? Would a major or reoccuring problem cause the light to come back on?

I really don't want to fly down there only to have a major failure on the way home... :banghead:

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Id see what kind of guarntee they have..... If you can, post the code here before you sign on the dotted line..... It might be a simple thing, or a bad thing, we should be able to tell..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
elwesso said:
Id see what kind of guarntee they have..... If you can, post the code here before you sign on the dotted line..... It might be a simple thing, or a bad thing, we should be able to tell..

We haven't talked about any guarantees or a warrantee, but I'm pretty sure it's sold as-is.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I don't know what Homer was talking about either....That's cheap! Buy it!

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
stilinsm said:
Problem, I'm in MO and the car is in TX.
The car is in Texas? Time to pay the dealer a visit :devil: :devil: :devil: j/k :D Sweet deal and love the color too!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Damn! too good to be true. It's putting out code 0741. I'm assuming this is the same as "DTC P0741 - TCC System Stuck Off ".

What does this mean? How much to repair? The salesman took it to a tranny shop, they verified the code said it's the torque converter. They said it may also be caused by differing driving habits of the various test drivers. The tranny shop reset the tranny settings back to factory and told the salesmen to drive it for a couple hours.

HELP!!! :crying2:

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
TCC code means the torque converter isnt working..... This could be really bad..... Chances are your gonna have to pull the tranny sometime, especailly if the TC is bads....

If you decide to go for it...... Have them fix this before you buy it.... Or have them knock 2 grand off the price in case the tranny goes out.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
elwesso said:
TCC code means the torque converter isnt working..... This could be really bad..... Chances are your gonna have to pull the tranny sometime, especailly if the TC is bads....

If you decide to go for it...... Have them fix this before you buy it.... Or have them knock 2 grand off the price in case the tranny goes out.....
Yup, I think my quest will continue. The've already said that if the code returns, they won't sell it. They will send it back to auction..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, talked with a couple local Cadillac dealers. Both said this was a minimum $3000k repair.
I'm pretty sure the dealer knew about the transmission problem, that's why the car was so cheap. They're going to wholesale this car. So if your down in Dallas TX, watch out for this one :mad:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts