Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
None
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up a CTS-V this week and it has stock polished wheels on it with brand new tires (being installed this week), what is the value of these wheels without TPMS, somewhere in the $1500-$2k range depending on condition or less?

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Around 2k new. Check gmpartsdirect.com .

·
Registered
None
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am thinking of switching to aftermarket wheels so just seeing how much money I could get back if I sold the stock wheels on the car, the rears will have brand new Hankook V12s and the front have good tread Vredestein Sessanta Ultratrac, haven't ever owned a caddy so I have no idea what these wheels sell for.

·
Registered
CTS-V (Black 2014), CTS-V (Red obsession 2014)
776 Posts
I think you are asking the value of your used OEM wheels if you chose to go aftermarket. The true "value" fluctuates with the season, and how many are in the marketplace when you decide to sell.

My experience has been:
I have bought a couple of sets of used polished wheels to mount winter tires on. Both sets were purchased at different times and both sets were used, but had no curb rash or cosmetic damage. I paid $300.00 each ($1,200 for the set) each time, and I was happy at that price. I would've only paid less for wheels that had cosmetic issues.

As for the rubber, even with it being brand new, I would only be interested in Michelin PS2's or PSS's. Lots of people like Hankook's, but not me. After owning a few V2's I find the Michelin's are the only tires I will use. Also front and rear being different tread types (and different brands) is a problem for me. Don't take this wrong, but personally; if I bought your wheels, I would immediately trash the tires in favor of new PSS's. There's a customer for every product, but I don't think you should plan on getting much for the "tires" themselves.

Good luck, I hope you enjoy your new V as much as we do!

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,173 Posts
Got a local Craigslist ad at $400/pair, no tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts