Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS 3.6 LUX AWD; 2011 SRX AWD LUX (sold)
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if everyone knows this, but valet mode not only locks the hidden storage compartment below the CUE screen, it also locks out the Glove Box! :yup::yup: Just checked this out on a whim; don't believe it's covered in the Owner's Manual. Nice feature to lock up your iPad and larger items, since the hidden CUE compartment is barely large enough to secure your phone or wallet. Just wanted to share with the Community. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
550 Posts
I would trust the center console or glove box in a locked car more than the in-room safe.

You can search on flyertalk or YouTube for the accounts of master codes on the room safes. Any housekeeper can get in to just about any in room safe, and seeing it "locked" is basically a blinking neon sign saying "look here!"

·
Registered
2014 XTS-Vsport
335 Posts
Yes the universal codes for at least 5 popular brands of hotel safes are easy to get and use by the average crook

The cc swipe ones with no key pads are fairly safe

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
550 Posts
5 or 10 people may know that code to that hotel safe, only 2 or 3 of them may be at work on that day at that time...
BS. Every single employee in the hotel knows this.

Every shit bird in that city knows there are cars in a parking garage next to a hotel... And a $10.00 hoodie will totally disable the camera system in the garage if there even is one...
Regardless of where/when you park this is the case. I'm certainly not advocating leaving the doors unlocked and the detector on the dash.

I didn't even watch your video, i have experience on my side, go ahead and leave your stuff in your car, it will be ok...
Maybe someone else will like to actually learn something new instead of burying their head in the sand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts