Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me where to find my valet button in my 91 Fleetwood FWD?
I been looking under the dash which is where it is in my big body. Any help would be fabulous.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,793 Posts
My '92 & '97 were in the glove box if I recall correctly. FWIW, my wifes Bonneville is in the trunk.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
What's a valet button? I don't think those Fleetwoods have anything like that.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,793 Posts
Valet button disables the remote trunk release as well as the in-cabin trunk and fuel door release.

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
mccombie_5 said:
why is it the valet button?
what use is it?
I think it's intended to add security to the car when you give the keys to a valet. It limits access to the rest of the car (trunk and glove box). Basically, the valet can only lock/unlock the doors and start the car.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Kev said:
I think it's intended to add security to the car when you give the keys to a valet. It limits access to the rest of the car (trunk and glove box). Basically, the valet can only lock/unlock the doors and start the car.
Ahh, so some of my cars will have this?

Interesting, we eat in a few restraunts where they have valet parking. It could be useful.

You know they go in the glovebox too, they always do

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I don't get the valet button at all....

-you push the button in the glove box, then lock the glove box with your key
-next you hand the key to your valet guy
-now the valet guy can use the key to open the glove box and disable the valet mode OR go directly to the trunk and use the key to open the trunk

Whats the point??

I totally dont understand how this is supposed to work??

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Well......nothings perfect! :shhh: Just don't give him the round key! :p

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Oh, cool....well....there you go. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
Those Cadillacs don't have 3 different keys and I don't think they have anything that disables the power trunk or any of that either. That's probably something only newer cars have. In my Broughams owners manual I think it says to lock the glovebox and leave the doors unlocked and just give them the square key. What's the point of that? :bonkers: Chrysler and Ford were a lot smarter. The round key only works for the glovebox and the trunk. If you don't want someone to get into those things you just don't give them that key.

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
Bet you $$ that you have to have Remote Keyless Entry to get Valet button.... A friend of mine has a 96 Deville with it.

(yes, another old thread revivved!)

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
They don't have it. The only cars I've seen with it that works as described are cars with the trunk release and fuel door release buttons located by the driver. I guess since Cadillac stuck them in a locking glovebox, they didn't add one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts