Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
84 Fleetwood, 4.1L

I am looking at the EGR Solenoid & Regulator trying to understand why the service book schematic shows one line in from the thermal valve switch (TVS) and one line to the EGR valve; as compared to what I see under the hood which is two lines from the TVS and one line to the EGR valve.

Any ideas, other schematics?

Thx

·
Registered
1983 CADILLAC COUPE DEVILLE
5 Posts
i.ve also been trying to figure this out, all i have is a chiltons manual which leaves some info out of the diagram! this is what i got on mine, vacuum hose from TVS to regulator, hose from regulator goes to back of egr solenoid, two nipples back there ( on backside of egr solenoid)and the second one has hose going to egr valve.whats got me stumped is on my regulator i have the one hose coming in from TVS (vacuum)and the one hose on the other side of regulator(which goes to the back of egr solenoid) and an extra nipple next to to the hose on backside of regulator with nothing hooked to it. vacuum diagram gives no explanation, is this a vent? couldn't find any vacuum hoses laying around that could have come loose.. my other question was on egr solenoid i have two nipples on front side with no connections, now i think the bottom nipple is supposed to be like that since it has a little foam piece on it, venting to atmosphere but there is also a port on top of that, little plastic tube that on opposite end has vacuum hose that connects to egr valve, is this port also a vent? well hope i helped you out with what little info i could provide but as you can see i have just as many questions if not more than you!! if you find any info let me know.

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
Yes there is a nipple on the vacuum regulator that is open to atmosphere. years ago it also had a piece of foam on it.

·
Registered
69 Thunderbird | 90 Seville | 03 Corolla | 89 Marquis(scrapped) | 72 Torino(scrapped)
2,026 Posts
Yes there is a nipple on the vacuum regulator that is open to atmosphere. years ago it also had a piece of foam on it.
What is that for? A vent? When I first saw mine, I searched my engine compartment for an hour with a flashlight trying to find a 'vacuum leak' !!:banghead:

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
Yes, to bleed off vacuum to regulate the EGR opening and closing rate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts