Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 STS-4 V6
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my V6 STS-4 back in early 2006, and I was under the impression (becuase of the salesperson) that the 2006 models with V8's were not offered with AWD. Now after doing some further research, i believe this is not the case. Someone set me straight.

-Jason

·
Registered
2015 XTS Luxury
162 Posts
Sounds like a case of the salesman selling you what he had. Look at the bright side.....you saved around $8 grand.:thumbsup:
That's the primary reason I bought my STS4 with a 6 banger.

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
Were the salesperson's lips moving when they told you this bit of wisdom?

·
Registered
2005 STS V8
522 Posts
In 2005 AWD was not available in the V6. But it has always been available on the V8 since the introduction of the sigma based STS.

·
Registered
2006 STS-4 V6
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I knew it. The salesperson lied straight to my face. He said it was the only AWD model he had on the lot, he probably wanted to sell one that day instead of ordering one. The v6 is incredibly underpowered IMO.

·
Registered
'05 STS4
12 Posts
Being in sales myself (not car sales, thankfully) this really makes me mad. Let's face it - sales people do not have a stellar reputation in the first place. Anybody can get the sale if they lie. A good sales person, on the other hand, ALLWAYS tells the truth AND gets the sale. If you have to lie to get the sale, find another occupation.:rant2: :mad:

Live and learn - I guess. With the internet, it’s possible to investigate any subject in about 1/2 an hour. From my research, in '05, to get the AWD, you had to get a V8. For model years '06 and newer, the AWD option is/was available with the V6 or V8.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I knew it. The salesperson lied straight to my face. He said it was the only AWD model he had on the lot, he probably wanted to sell one that day instead of ordering one. The v6 is incredibly underpowered IMO.
Given the added weight of the AWD equipment, the additional frictional losses, and the taller gearing, the 255 HP V6 would definitely be a marginal performer. This is one of the reasons why the 2008 V6 now has 302HP.

IMO your salesman was either dishonest or clearly ignorant of the product line. I have found that many Cadillac dealerships have both excellent and terrible sales people. You really have to shop for your sales person first, then shop for your car. This is a problem that has faced Cadillac ever since it began its transformation. Unfortunately, they're are still too many of the old school "sell them what you have..." salesmen out there. Sorry you got stuck.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
I feel terrible for you. The V-6 is fine, if that is what you wanted. But you wanted the V-8. I would be peeved.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,974 Posts
I bought my V6 STS-4 back in early 2006, and I was under the impression (becuase of the salesperson) that the 2006 models with V8's were not offered with AWD. Now after doing some further research, i believe this is not the case. Someone set me straight.

-Jason
I have an STS with a Northstar V8 and AWD but there is no 4 after the STS on the trunk emblem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts