Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello can anyone help me with diagram or directions on how to install the abs wire harness that hooks to the abs sensor on the hub?...I just found out its not giving any voltage

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
If the wires have come off the hub itself you're probably out of luck. You'd need to remove the hub to re solder the wires and I'd not advise that. If there's a broken wire in the harness, that's a different story. Since there's just 2 wires it shouldn't be too difficult to find.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply I checked the hub it has voltage my issue is I believe the it's the harness the code I pull is left side wheel speed sensor..so it has to be the harness..the harness on the hub broke off and the wire was exposed for awile

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm leaning towards a short in the clip coming from the ebcm everything seems fine running towards the unit...

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Which 'C' code do you have?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
C0040 shows right wheel hub

----------

I purchased a new hub also and it tested fine on my multimeter my guess maybe the conection on the wire harness that clips into the wheel hub...maybe damaged when the hub sensor broke off

----------

I wrote earlier it was the left wheel sensor I ment the right...thanks again for the reply

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Here's what the SM diagnostic says-
C0035, C0040, C0045, or C0050

One of the following conditions exists for 0.02 seconds:

• A short to voltage - the wheel speed sensor signal circuit and wheel speed sensor return circuit voltages are both greater than 4.25 volts.
• A short to ground - the wheel speed sensor signal circuit and wheel speed sensor return circuit voltages are both less than 0.75 volts.
• An open - the wheel speed sensor signal circuit voltage is greater than 4.25 volts and wheel speed sensor return circuit voltage is less than 0.75 volts.
You can measure continuity of the wires from the EBCM to the wheel connector (at the EBCM connector positions A3&4, should color match wires at wheel).

Is the problem only when wet conditions exist?

There have been bad replacement parts, I've had them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: replaced harness spliced and heat shrink I have current...abs and tc light disappeared but when put on park he came back...new code c0041 than goes too c0040. ..c0041 on my scanner shows current issue my next step is return the new wheel hub..hopefully by Monday I can get this done

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New wheel hub...realize I had the harness underneath the hub instead ontop...it's been a week no codes or errors

1 - 10 of 10 Posts