Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
09 V Sedan, 2012 V sedan
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend and I went to New Smyrna Beach, Fl (15 minutes south of Daytona) this weekend in my V2. New Smyrna Beach is one of the few beaches in the U.S. that you can actually drive up and down on the beach (approx. 4 miles) next to the surf and park for the day if you wish. I spoke to several of the Beach Police Officers, both of which had 7-10 years on the department who stated that they had not seen a V1 on the beach, not to mention a V2. They were car crazy like I am. Of course they wanted a close look at the car. They were a little disappointed that the engine is so concealed, however, they liked what they saw. By the time I got to the south end of the beach and returned, I had been stopped 4 more times by their buddies wanting to take a look. You can only imagine some of the looks I got from some of the 5000 other people on the beach over the weekend. It was a fun weekend...Try it sometime.

·
Registered
CTS-V 2009 White Diamond, 996TT Silver, G35 Coupe 6mt, M45S
413 Posts
We used to go to Bolivar Peninsula, across from Galveston,TX on July 4th weekends before it all got destroyed by Hurricane Ike. Loved that you could just drive on beach. Coming from Holland, I was flabbergasted that such a thing was allowed! Always was a lot of fun on Crystal Beach. People camping on the beach. Folks showing off their rides. Fantastic fireworks. But no longer...

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=9105

Hans.

·
Registered
09 V Sedan, 2012 V sedan
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My girlfriend and I went to New Smyrna Beach, Fl (15 minutes south of Daytona) this weekend in my V2. New Smyrna Beach is one of the few beaches in the U.S. that you can actually drive up and down on the beach (approx. 4 miles) next to the surf and park for the day if you wish. I spoke to several of the Beach Police Officers, both of which had 7-10 years on the department who stated that they had not seen a V1 on the beach, not to mention a V2. They were car crazy like I am. Of course they wanted a close look at the car. They were a little disappointed that the engine is so concealed, however, they liked what they saw. By the time I got to the south end of the beach and returned, I had been stopped 4 more times by their buddies wanting to take a look. You can only imagine some of the looks I got from some of the 5000 other people on the beach over the weekend. It was a fun weekend...Try it sometime.
Here is a pic...

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts