Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I set a destination, I want to bias the nav for quickest, NOT shortest. i.e. use the freeway instead of 2 lane country roads. I have read the nav book twice and cannot seem to find out how to make this change. When I enter a destination, "quickest" and "shortest" are briefly shown on the nav screen, but they are not useable icons (i.e. touching the "quickest" icon does nothing).

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Jack

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
1,017 Posts
On my V, the bias is automatically set to fastest route, as a default from the factory. When the car is stationary and you input a destination, it offers up three routes, with fastest being highlighted in red. If one chooses a destination from the address book or previous destination while moving, it automatically routes you the quickest way, without giving you a choice. I know this because I recognize the routes from previous experience. Note that what the nav thinks is the quickest route may not in fact be the quickest route, based on your driving speeds, changes to to roads since the database was updated for yuur vehicle, surface street traffic patterns, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts