Cadillac Owners Forum banner
141 - 156 of 156 Posts

· Registered
157 Posts
Besides the cradle, what about upper and lower control arms, will ours bolt on? Trailing arms, toe rods, spindles, brake lines, hubs ect... lots of little things if ours transfer over it would save a lot of money needing only what was posted above.

Fuel tanks are different as they are 17.5 gallon compared to 18 gallon. Not sure if our fuel components will transfer over or if need all new fuel parts. Although the new 09+ uses a pulse width control module instead of a regulator which can make things tricky.

· Registered
cts-v
2,761 Posts
Besides the cradle, what about upper and lower control arms, will ours bolt on? Trailing arms, toe rods, spindles, brake lines, hubs ect... lots of little things if ours transfer over it would save a lot of money needing only what was posted above.

Fuel tanks are different as they are 17.5 gallon compared to 18 gallon. Not sure if our fuel components will transfer over or if need all new fuel parts. Although the new 09+ uses a pulse width control module instead of a regulator which can make things tricky.
those other parts while numerous would be something people would have to deal with as they do this the first time. I would immagine if it connects to the cradle then you might need it, or at least take a look at it.

so then why bother?
wouldn't it be more sane to trad your V in on a V2 than to go through all this trouble?
well its like with many things on this vehicle which should be simple but it completely more difficult then need be. also this swap would be alot more affordable once someone does it and calls out what is needed. then you could just as easily go on ebay or car-part.com and buy the rear subframe out of a car, hopefully at a good deal and do this swap yourself. I am a big fan of the v2, just not sure its for me though.

· Registered
8 Posts
Hello i found a guy with a whole rear cradle from a v2 automatic and was wondering if someone can send me a thread to something similar on the swap of what i need and i found someone said you don’t need the other gas tank or lines or anything to make it go right in the cradle is complete as well with axels just need help thank you

· Administrator
'05 CTS-V
9,319 Posts
Rockie, please find the punctuation keys. Your posts are hard to read.

Did you see the thread over on ls1tech? Tons of info there from folks who have actually completed the swap.

· Registered
2006 CTS-V
529 Posts
There is quite a bit of information on LS1tech, and within the Facebook group CTS V1 Vs the World.

I don't see the advantage myself, and I'd suggest you research everything thourghaly before committing. You will have some crazy ass offset wheels for example, it's not as plug and play as it seems.

I went with a 8.8, but that was just prior to someone doing the V2 cradle swap.

-Byron

· Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; Audi RS6 Avant; '16 ATS-V Sedan gone; '10 CTS LongRoof gone
20,691 Posts
I would highly doubt it is a quick bolt up.

· Administrator
'05 CTS-V
9,319 Posts
Can I swap the rear cradle of a 2009 cts into my 2004 cts v will it bolt right up
Seems like you'd want to ask in the V1 forum, since the V2 owners probably aren't swapping their drivetrains into V1s.

If you had searched for "cradle" in the V1 Performance Mods forum, you'd find this thread: https://www.cadillacforums.com/threads/v1-to-v2-rear-cradle-swap.1096757/. And if you go to LS1tech, or to the V1 FB group, you'll find plenty more information about doing a 2nd gen rear cradle swap into a 1st gen.

Edit: I'll move your post into that thread I linked.

· Administrator
'05 CTS-V
9,319 Posts
I wanna swap out the v1 rear end with a V2 rear end and wanna know what was needed to do this swap
I merged your thread into the existing thread that you should have found if you had searched. As stated above, in addition to the information in this thread, you can also find information in the CTS-V forum on LS1tech and in the V1 groups on FB.

141 - 156 of 156 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.