Cadillac Owners Forum banner
121 - 140 of 156 Posts

· 2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,514 Posts
... The more I look at it the more I wonder. The rest of the rear seems to be really heavy duty and then there is the weak looking aluminum differential, what weren't they thinking.
I bet the engineers were either trying to appease the bookkeepers, or the bookkeepers themselves spec'd the diff. :rolleyes:

· Registered
2006 CTS-V
1,425 Posts
bump

· Registered
2006 CTS-V
1,425 Posts
oooops I just managed to hyperlink myself into an old thread... and then I unwillingly just bumed it.... sorry admins....

tbjs should get a laugh out of this, I was just giving him a hard time for doing the same thing....

· Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,554 Posts

· Registered
Tis Gone :(
3,438 Posts
Did anyone ever get a 8.8 Terminator Cobra rear in one of these? Some local guys put mine on a rack and said either the 8.8 or an M5 diff would be where they would start but I spent the money on a Maggie instead.

· Registered
none (yet)
114 Posts
Did anyone ever get a 8.8 Terminator Cobra rear in one of these? Some local guys put mine on a rack and said either the 8.8 or an M5 diff would be where they would start but I spent the money on a Maggie instead.

I has one. Its simply collecting dust currently, however I have a sneaking feeling that I may be able to get it under the car shortly.

· Registered
157 Posts
Looking to go this route or a G-Force 9", I have up for sale my brand new DSS Race Axles (in classified section), a Gen 4 differential w/UUC front diff Poly bushing, BMR Anti-Wheelhop Kit, BMR Pinion Support, BMR toe rods, and BMR trailing arms for sale. All BMR parts in Black Hammertone finish Great condition. Diff has approx 4,000 miles since installed, quietest of my past 2 diffs.

May have some other parts for sale too, need to check the garage. Willing to offer a great deal on all parts.

· Registered
157 Posts
still will need custom axles for the new diff to our hubs or swap to the newer hubs but they have a different wheel speed sensors so don't know how that will work with our ABS systems. So Custom DSS axles are the next best bet.

· Registered
cts-v
2,761 Posts
do you know what post number?
alternatively i can post a parts illustration and you guys can pick out the pieces

i'm heading to sleep now so i'll check up on replies in the AM
Rear cradle
-Fuel tank
-Differential

this is from post 1. also maybe the bolts needed to mount these things. these three things would be the biggest purchases if bought new.

121 - 140 of 156 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.