Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS-V
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been reading up on the V1 to V2 brake swaps and I'm trying to get my car together for autocross and track days. The front brakes need to be done so it seems like a good time to do the swap, but I need to get some new tires and stuff as well so I'm trying to keep the cost somewhat reasonable. Is there a reasonably priced bolt on rotor that goes with the V2 calipers? I've seen the RB ones, but would prefer just a single piece rotor to get ready for some early season autocross events, I'll likely upgrade to 2-piece rotors later.

In the event that the RBs are the only bolt on option, where would I even go to get the center hub and lug holes drilled?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,299 Posts
Assuming you're sticking with your stock 6x115 hubs, there are no bolt-on 1-piece rotor options. With the RB rotors there would be no need to get anything drilled - you can get the V2 rotor rings on V1 hats.

Any machine shop should be able to drill the bolt pattern and enlarge the hub bore.

·
Registered
2007 cts v
482 Posts
You can use any stock size rotor with a v2 caliper upgrade
You will need to trim the pads
I just did the swap over the winter
I went with gm performance cross drilled rotors front and rear with v2 6 piston calipers up front

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V Maggied
271 Posts
So I've been reading up on the V1 to V2 brake swaps and I'm trying to get my car together for autocross and track days. The front brakes need to be done so it seems like a good time to do the swap, but I need to get some new tires and stuff as well so I'm trying to keep the cost somewhat reasonable. Is there a reasonably priced bolt on rotor that goes with the V2 calipers? I've seen the RB ones, but would prefer just a single piece rotor to get ready for some early season autocross events, I'll likely upgrade to 2-piece rotors later.

In the event that the RBs are the only bolt on option, where would I even go to get the center hub and lug holes drilled?

Thanks!
This is what I did.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/479737-v2-calipers-v1-how.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts