Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I had been concidering a Magnum srt-8 untill one of my customers brought in an 09 cts-v for service & thats all it took to sway me to the V. I really do not want to spend 50k on a used car so I will be looking at 04-07 been looking around at V1's for a few weeks & just lurking around this forum I have found quit a bit of info & help. I did drive a Black 05 with 55k, b&m & corsa & absulutly loved it.
I like all the colors but am partial to the redline with black interior mostly because they are not as common as the other colors.
So if any one has something availabe or a line on something nice I would like to hear about it.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 08 Light Platinum SRX V8, 05 White Diamond STS4 V8 1SG
2,034 Posts
I always find it funny when I hear something like this, that people essentially forget about the V1. I mean, I know I did. I started my search originally for a G8 GXP, then briefly one of the Chrysler LX SRT-8 cars, and I ended up with an 05 CTS-V.

Z

·
0 Posts
^^^^^No way, one of the most intriguing parts of the V2 is the sick interior that makes the V1 look like its from the 80s. Push button start, pop up NAV thats actually touch screen, air conditioned seats, etc. Im a sucker for technology though so some of you make not care.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do like the V2 more & it absulutly has a better interior, improved exterior, and dont forget 556hp. But since I dont have the $ for a V2 right now & I do not have very good self dicipline I thought I would pick up a V1 & hopfully in a few years pick up an 09 for 30-40k?

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
I love my car, but that interior is in a different league. Everything is better on the V2, but I can deal with all the other stuff. The interior really bothers me though. It really does give you the best of both worlds.

Lucky for me, I don't see too many V2s (or any Vs). I actually refused to look at, much less sit in, Steve's V2 when we met up :worship:

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
Well, it's not a push button start but a dummy key with remote start for the auto 6. No lift shift on the M6. I think you guys would love that.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
325 Posts
I think most of the red line cars have the tan interior. Mine is red with the tan and I think it is a great combo. The black interior just looks to dark and depressing IMHO.

·
Registered
'06 CTS-V
728 Posts
I think most of the red line cars have the tan interior. Mine is red with the tan and I think it is a great combo. The black interior just looks to dark and depressing IMHO.
I thought I'd prefer a light interior, especially on a red car. But driving both, I really have to say that the black interior would be my choice all else equal. Though I really did like the light interior, the black seems to "fit" better with the rest of the car.

Also, what don't you guys like about the interior? The V doesn't have a lot of gadgets, and the ergonomics of the nav/DIC/radio leave a lot to be desired. But I think the V interior looks quite nice. I really like it a lot.

The V2 interior certainly ups the glamor/elegance factor, though, but the V1 interior seems very clean and attractive to me.

Also, to the OP, I believe there is one or two red V's in the classifieds that are still for sale, might be worth taking a look.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V
4 Posts
I've just decided to put my V up for sale. The wife and I are looking for another house, and some of my toys need to go. It's an '05 Stealth Gray w/light gray interior, 49K miles, immaculate condition, no mods other than skip-shift delete, and is Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned (fully transferrable), so it's under full bumper to bumper warranty 'til 100k miles or Apr 2011. I'm looking for $21,950. I'm in South Carolina, PM me if interested.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 08 Light Platinum SRX V8, 05 White Diamond STS4 V8 1SG
2,034 Posts
Wow that's basically my car with half the miles. Mine's even under CPO until about that time, too. That's 1 of 159 05s like that!

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,965 Posts
I've just decided to put my V up for sale. The wife and I are looking for another house, and some of my toys need to go. It's an '05 Stealth Gray w/light gray interior, 49K miles, immaculate condition, no mods other than skip-shift delete, and is Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned (fully transferrable), so it's under full bumper to bumper warranty 'til 100k miles or Apr 2011. I'm looking for $21,950. I'm in South Carolina, PM me if interested.
With kids in the back of my car occasionally, a black interior has its advantages. Dave, your car looks like a great buy for someone, especially if they don't want to take on someone else's mods.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
and the V2 is likely the better car, but; overpriced, overweight, and overdone. They engineered out all the flaws and alot of character. It might as well be an M5.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
Um, I sold ONE V, singular, not plural. And yes, it was the among the dumbest things I have done so far. But I ain't getting another one until I get my wife to go back to work.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
I still have my V1 and I agree with many of Jimmy's points. The V1 is unique with all of it's flaws, the only thing I would pass on is the steering wheel wrap... Oh wait, mine doesn't have one. ;)

BTW, don't agree with the M5 comment though.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
The V2 is a sweet ride but I wish they would have kept some of the weight off of her. An extra 400 on a car that is already too heavy is too much.

I wish they would have offered it with a LS7, if they did, I might be in one now.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts