Cadillac Owners Forum banner

V vs. BMW 335xi with a Juicebox tune...am I good?

5K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  JimmyH 
#1 ·
Friend of mine recently picked up a 2007 BMW 335xi, sedan, slushbox :yawn:

He has also just stepped up the JB3 tune (Juicebox tune) as well as an intake. Was wondering if anyone is familiar with the car really and how they perform, because I am not. Basically the car is an I6 with a twin turbo, but the turbos are turned down very low, and this canned tune essentially turns them way up. There are a few different maps that you can run in the car, and each has a different amount of boost. A quick google search revealed that the coupe, manual, and RWD version of the car on a "high boost map" makes around 360-370 rwhp on a dynojet, so I'm just trying to figure out how an AWD/slushbox/sedan version will perform with more loss with auto/AWD. My car made around 360 rwhp on a low reading dynojet with all of my bolt ons (listed in signature). He has been talking quite a bit of smack lately, and being that he is one of my good friends, I really cannot lose the title as the fastest or I'll never hear the end of it. Will I be able to reel him in from a dig? I'm pretty sure I can take him from roll, but it's the dig and AWD I'm concerned about. All I can say is I do NOT want to be staring at his tail lights...I'd much rather be looking at his BMW angel eye's in my rear view. If I lose to him, a cam may need to be done sooner than I thought :eek:hnoes:

BTW: This is all talking about on a track of course :lildevil:

Pictures are relevant.

See less See more
#2 ·
Stay away from digs unless you have an open mile or so...from a roll you should be ok.

#5 ·
I have raced a buddy of mine with the convertible version of that car (which is actually 100 lbs heavier than our cars) but a Vishnu tune (I think?) and have beat him 5 out of 6 times from a 20-30 mph roll. The only time I lost was when I started in third gear.

From a roll, our cars are basically neck and neck until about 80-90 mph, which is when I start to go around him. I think the highest speed we ever got to was probably 110-115 mph and I was a car length or more in front.

Like Whisler said above, probably avoid a dig race.

When your friend gets whipped by your V be prepared for the common excuses that he will use:

1) My high pressure fuel pump was going out (which happened to my friend, but I beat him after BMW installed a brand new one too, so...)

2) My turbo(s) are going out (also happened, and you can guess the outcome...yep, I won again!)

Good luck!

#6 ·
Thanks for the posts guys. Tweeter, was this car a stick or an auto? And was it AWD (xi in BMW lingo)?

#7 ·
looks 10x's better with the new wheels... let me know when you guys go to the track..

#8 ·
yooo you need one of these peaking through the hood

#10 ·
C4ss, I guarantee your V will walk him from a roll at any speed. the xi eats up hp with the awd. He is no match for you.

Now, if he were to have cattless down pipes and mids he would take you. They run low 12s in good form, but with just a JB3 you will be fine.

#11 ·
When you do the maggie, don't say a word to him about it. :shhh:

Then, let him get out in front just a little at the start before you ...

In any case, don't leave us hanging. Poast back up here when you get back from "the track."

#17 · (Edited)
Yes, but keep in mind this is an all wheel drive and an auto. That's a lot of loss right there, not to mention a lot more weight with extra diffs as well. Also, it's the heavier sedan.

BTW, Will, that picture of the procharger through the heat extractor looks so hot. I need me one of those.

#16 ·
haha you got the lord checkin in.. you better update this thread already :pop2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.