Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V 2009 White Diamond, 996TT Silver, G35 Coupe 6mt, M45S
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My V is parked outside (only have 2 car garage). North Texas weather so far has caused my wind shield sprayer motor to stop (fuse), the left daylight running light to go out, and now this morning the driver door unlock motor stopped.
I can unlock the door with the key or from the inside. So i suspect an other fuse.
Car is 2 years old. So an other stop at the dealer unless somebody can point me to the proper fuse.
I checked the BCM fuses in the front. I found the keyless diagrams but could not identify a fuse on that.

·
Registered
V2 CTSV
1,199 Posts
mine LOVES the cold... it runs like a scalded whore... traction on the other hand is altogether different.

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
I've been driving mine in cold, including below zero weather, for a month now and no problems at all. You must have some lectrical gremiln in there.

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
My V is parked outside (only have 2 car garage). North Texas weather so far has caused my wind shield sprayer motor to stop (fuse), the left daylight running light to go out, and now this morning the driver door unlock motor stopped.
I can unlock the door with the key or from the inside. So i suspect an other fuse.
Car is 2 years old. So an other stop at the dealer unless somebody can point me to the proper fuse.
I checked the BCM fuses in the front. I found the keyless diagrams but could not identify a fuse on that.
FYI there is a recal/tsb/something on the door handle that makes it freeze so if you take it in the dealer will fix that. It just came out last week. I got mine fixed. Also my car runs great in the cold... every now and then if it sits in the parking garage and it was 20, the radio was slow to light up, but once I moved about 10 feet it was fine. In the garage it's fine all the time.

Other question with your nice stable, build a bigger garage :)

·
Registered
09 cts-v sedan
51 Posts
i just went through this problem. there is ice on the bottom of your reservoir tank. it'll keep happening until all the ice is melted. the windshield wiper fluid you are using isnt meant to handle below freezing temps. i had to go to the dealership 3 times. the wiper fluid fuse is the same as the drl on the passenger side.

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
i just went through this problem. there is ice on the bottom of your reservoir tank. it'll keep happening until all the ice is melted. the windshield wiper fluid you are using isnt meant to handle below freezing temps. i had to go to the dealership 3 times. the wiper fluid fuse is the same as the drl on the passenger side.
so put the -40 stuff in. You can get it at autozone, then it won't freeze....

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
superchargers LOVE dense cold air.....winter is the best time to drive a s/c car, on dry pavement of course.

F

·
Registered
CTS-V 2009 White Diamond, 996TT Silver, G35 Coupe 6mt, M45S
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes, that is exactly what i suspected. And the dlr going out as well. It's odd, the reservoir is in the engine bay which gets quite warm.
And it turns out, they left the car in the sun for an hour and the door unlocked.
They put a cover on the lock to prevent it freezing again, hopefully this is the last real cold spell in TX for a while.

Thanks for all the responses.

Hans.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
I had mine outside for two nights in January when the garage door broke. Got to a little below zero both nights. Car started and ran fine, as it has all winter.

This is the funnest winter car I've ever owned. Sorry to read that the OP is having issues.

If you're in a warm weather state that isn't accustomed to cold weather, +1 on the -40 windshield wiper fluid. I guess they don't sell as much of that down South. It's mandatory up here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts