Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
V Stitching and CTS console lid – Looks Awesome!!

I bought the CTS console from Lindsay for four reasons:

a) my CTS-V console/armrest was broken (internal metal brace was flopping around)
b) Everybody raved on how practical and comfortable it is
c) 5 minute install
d) Lindsay rocks

The CTS console it great, if you don’t have it, buy it now.

I had to take my V in for other warranty work, so I figured what-the-hell, I’ll put the broken V console lid back on and get it replaced for free. I can either sell it on Ebay or put it back on the car when I sell it. The console lid was replaced, the dealer charged GM $255 in warranty ($234 part & $21 in labor)!!!!

While I had the CTS console lid back out of the car, I realized why it did not look quite right in my car. The double white stitching was missing. So, I contacted a friend of a friend who has an interior trim shop. They cut and sewed new material with the double stitching on it. They also put an extra 1/8” padding under the top so my elbow doesn’t get so tired!

Don’t ask me what I paid, like I said, it was a friend of a friend deal. The shop would normally charge probably the same amount that I paid for just the console from Lindsay.

I think it looks pretty damn good. Whaddya think??:bouncy:

Attachments

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,986 Posts
Re: V Stitching and CTS console lid – Looks Awesome!!

That DOES look pretty good!

In fact, that mismatched stitching is what was holding me up for so long in doing the CTS console (well, lack of bucks played a part as well :rolleyes:). It really isn't too bad, though. However, matching the stitching like you did looks great! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Re: V Stitching and CTS console lid – Looks Awesome!!

looks good....but I like my lastss cover thingy's on the console....so I'm stuck with stock :(
Your Lastss hinge covers will work fine with a regular CTS armrest- the caps are the same.

(BTW, I know what you mean. I love my Lastss COMPLETE interior set. One of the few in existence, muhahaaaa! :D)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts