Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
CTS V Sport Premium
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have access to hw many V Sports were produced? They seem to be pretty rare. Although I can't sell mine.

·
Registered
2016 CTS VSport
420 Posts
Search the forum, there was a thread here a year or two back on this exact question.

Russ

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
934 Posts
Here is a copy of what forum member smokinss123 posted almost 2 1/2 years ago. I saved it to the hard drive just in case, because the forum search function truly sucks. :) BTW no further breakdown (colors, interiors, etc) has ever been made public AFAIK.

Font Pattern Parallel Number Screenshot

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6L DI Premium, 2014 CTS Vsport
2,384 Posts
The hot rod versions are rare cars! Not necessarily a good thing when it comes to parts.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport Premium
140 Posts
The hot rod versions are rare cars! Not necessarily a good thing when it comes to parts.
Buddy, you don't even know the ordeals I have experienced getting parts for this car. HAHAHA
Mine is a daily driver with 193,000 km on it and I've replaced just about everything on this car at one time or another.
Front and rear suspension are totally new (control arms, bushings, mag ride control struts/shocks), all 4 hubs/bearings, intake and throttle body gaskets (with a walnut shell blasting while I was in there - for the record, at 185,000 at the time, it probably wasn't really necessary... these cars are very good at controlling carbon buildup despite being direct injection), seat control module, CUE twice, pads and rotors at least once every year and a half... etc. etc etc.

For the most part RockAuto has been the fastest, cheapest and most reliable supplier. Tubman GM in Ottawa, Canada would be a close second.

After market parts for this car do not exist for anything other than wear items like brakes and bearings. In my experience, OE parts are usually cheaper than the aftermarket parts anyway.
For example, the rear hubs that I just did last week were being quoted $220 each at the dealer with a 2-4 week wait, $400 for aftermarket SKF at a local parts distributor... I paid $250 for 2 of them (freight in) from RockAuto and had them in 2 days. When I opened the GM box... the part was stamped SKF.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Sounds like you are as obsessive as I am when it comes to suspension, I can't tolerate any slop or rattle. Tell me about your experiences before/after with the struts/shocks, as well as mileage. I read these shocks don't have the same wear mechanism that a typical shock has, however I'm sure they still have to seal the (admittedly simpler and valve-less(?)) piston.

Fortunately most of the parts are just CTS, the VSport-specific stuff could get ugly.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport Premium
140 Posts
Yes. I am very obsessive about slop, squeaks and rattles. If there's anything that's even in question, I usually replace it.

The mag ride struts were actually starting to leak in the rear before the warranty was up but the dealer refused to replace them saying they still worked. I couldn't really argue that. They lasted about another 2 years before I replaced them.
It felt as though they started to lose tension as it was getting easier and easier to get the back end out just making a right hand turn from a stop at an intersection. I don't think the struts were doing as good a job forcing the tires to the ground as they once were.
The car certainly wasn't undrivable and I think I probably could have kept them on the car for another year or two with no serious issues.

If I'm being totally honest, I can't say that it was like night and day when the new ones went on.

The biggest change I've experienced was by replacing both front control arms. At some point you will start to get a nasty vibration under braking that feels like warped rotors but will only occur at highway speeds. This is the bushings on your control arms.
The second time this happened it was actually the rearward front control arms but I just replaced both on each side while I was in there.

On the next oil change I'll be replacing the stabilizer bar ends and the stabilizer bar bushings which haven't ever been replaced. I suspect that the bushings are dried out/cracked as I get a bit of knocking up front from time to time. Just enough to think you've heard something but you're never 100% sure.

Car is a 2014 with 195,000km (120,000 mi.) on it.

Every day I get closer and closer to just trading this in toward a 2022 CT5-V but still can't bring myself to accept the drop in HP and torque. And even if I could afford (which I can't) and could FIND a Blackwing, I'd never want to drive it in rain or snow.
For some reason the wheels look smaller in the wheel well to me. And for as expensive and frustrating as it was to have staggered tires, I don't think I want to go back to square either. HAHAHA
I'm such a princess sometimes. HAAA!
Not to mention the fact that these cars are impossible to find with the semiconductor shortages.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I had one incident of what felt like a warped brake rotor, but it hasn't happened since. It may have been cold, flat-spotted tires. At 58K miles it may be a little early for control arm replacement, but I'll watch for symptoms. Thanks for the info on the struts as well.

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSPORT (Retired); 2018 CTS V-Sport Prem. Morello Red Edition
70 Posts
Does anyone have access to hw many V Sports were produced? They seem to be pretty rare. Although I can't sell mine.
They are rare, approximately 4404 V-Sports built, less than the CTS-V gen 3. I finally got a response from the GM Heritage Center that my “18” Morello Red Premium V-Sport is 1 of 11 produced - period/full stop. Making it one of the rarest Cadillac’s option/configuration wise ever. The Recaros are a definite bonus.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts