Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T Matte Titanium Metallic
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals-

I am going to pull the trigger on purchasing V-Series rocker panel expecting that they will be a direct match in fitment. Upon looking at the schematics of both installation instructions they look to be 100% interchangeable except for two details:

1) The V-Series has ONE more Lower Rocker Panel Retainer!
&
2) The V-Series has ONE more Upper Rocker Panel Retainer!

Question: Any pros out there know whether or not the retainers would fit over with correct spacing yet with an EXTRA retainer on the panel in addition for more strength?

Basically, anyone know if the spacing of the retainers are the same on the 08 and the V or if you think they are spaced closer together on the V considering there is one more in the line on the panel on the V?

Sorry for the long extensive post, but Im trying to find out before I spend the cash getting them, and paying a tech to attempt the install...

THANKS FOR ANY HELP ON THIS!

TBD

·
Registered
Cadillac
33 Posts
Let me first start off by saying I am sorry for the quality of the pics I have attached. The girlfriend has my digital camera so I had to make do with my cell phone camera.

I originally had the E&G kit installed on my car. I was not very happy with the 2 piece rockers because of the way they fit over the original rockers, made them look a little bulky and the seam they had in the middle that lines up with the doors didn't impress me very much so I decided to inquire about the CTS-V rockers. I was told that they would fit so I ordered them from Luke at Lindsay. I took them into my dealer and their body guy put them on without any issues. Unfortueately I cannot answer any of your technical questions, but the bottom line here is that they will fit without any modding needed.

I hope this helps. Your car is probably my favourite of all the ones I've seen on this forum so order those rockers, get them painted and installed and post some pics so we can see the whole package, D3 spoiler and all! Good luck.

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 CTS4
42 Posts
Toronto CTS, since we have the same car I think I'm officially SOLD on the V rockers after seeing pics that represent EXACTLY how my car would look with them. :worship:

If you don't mind me asking what was the damage $$? Parts/Labor? And, did they come properly color matched or did you have to have them painted to match? Thanks.

·
Registered
Cadillac
33 Posts
These are the prices I got from Luke at Lindsay back in Feb2009 so I don't know if they have changed. They are $150.00 for one side and $131.00 for the other. Kinda cheap if you ask me for the parts. Both sides are identical, only reversed so no reason for the price difference. It's a GM pricing thing.

They come bare so they have to be primed and painted. The pics are kinda deceiving because the colour looks different from the body colour and that's because of the flash and the fact that white diamond is next to impossible to duplicate, but I am happy with the job. The prepping, priming, painting and installation cost me $600 but that's probably because I had it done at a dealership. You can probably get it done a little cheaper if you know a good body shop.

Shipping cost me $100 with UPS. The boxes were huge! I didn't mind though because the big boxes protected the rockers during shipping. I'll try to post some better quality pics once I get me digital camera back.

Cheers

·
Registered
2009 CTS4
42 Posts
Thanks for all the info. I can imagine properly matching the color is going to be difficult. All in all though the pricing seems very reasonable, even though it is odd that GM charges different prices for the driver and passenger sides??:cookoo:

Did you only do the V rockers or did you get other pieces for the front and rear bumpers? Thanks.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TORONTO CTS: :worship: :worship:

Thank you for the pics and the PERFECT news! You made my day! I have them ordered and will be installed next week along with D3's other goodies!!

Seriously though, your car looks awesome with the E&G kit combined with the V rockers.. IMO they look more sturdy and OE than any skirt add-ons from VTXi or E&G. Nice choice and thank you for the pics.

You just made my day! :bouncy:

·
Registered
2009 CTS4
42 Posts
Since it seems the rockers are pretty much a direct fit does anyone know if the same is true for the V front and rear bumper covers?

·
Registered
Cadillac
33 Posts
I asked about this myself a little while ago. The front grille is definately not a direct fit...the V is very different in the front than the stock CTS. You would have to get the entire front end changed if you want the V grille. As for the back, I never inquired about that but it doesn't look like it would be too difficult to do. I personally don't like what they did with the V rear valance. But of course, that all IMHO.

Cheers

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Toronto is correct. I found that the full front bumper is needed if you want the hood. Then the full rear bumper is needed bc its all one peice on the back.. I wanted that hood SOOO bad, but $2k+ isnt in my price range for a visual mod... lol

·
Registered
2009 CTS4
42 Posts
:eek: Holy Shnike's Batman! Yep, that pretty much confirms it that I'll most likely go with the E&G front/rear kit and the V rockers then. Thanks for the help and the input.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow, $2K for the rear bumper! I'm glad I'm not a fan of the design. Thanks for confirming that Dahlia.

My bad- I didnt mean the rear bumper was $2k.. my parts dept advised me that the HOOD plus the FRONT CLIP wouldve been about $2k.
The rear is most likely $800-$1k...

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got the CTS-V rockers painted and mounted!! The only modification needed was an extra hold to the rear of the rocker to go in line with the extra pin for added support. They look awesome, and best thing is- they match the front lips height PREFECTLY.

The VTXi add-ons were a tad lower and less attractive, IMO.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Im cleanin up the car ASAP. Thye look killer. I'll have them up within a couple hours! Sooooo stoked!!!:bouncy:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:highfive:

Sorry for the quality of Pics...

Here are my V-Rockers on my 2008 DI. I love how they flare out for a more muscular stance!

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
..I think i'm gonna take off the front lower rubber skirt... It would look alot more even... Hmmmmm

1 - 20 of 31 Posts