Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
584 Posts
I am attending the Florida event (Jupiter) on Friday the 17th under the "Academy". Looks like the "Lab" is the next two days. I don't have an answer...

·
Registered
2009 cts-v
971 Posts
A friend has advised me that for reasons unknown Cadillac has called their Friday event, the academy, and the Saturday and Sunday sessions are called the lab.
The academy session is supposed to be geared more towards the current Cadillac owner as opposed to the lab sessions which are geared towards "non" Caddy owners!
Either way,I was told the academy and the lab sessions will have the same content and same amount of seat time on the track.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V Auto Black Raven/Ebony
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was wait listed for the NY event. does anyone know if there is a lab the following day and I can get on it?
The V-Series Lab takes place on the following Saturday and Sunday at Monticello. Call your CSA and ask him to inquire on your behalf. He'll do what he can.

·
Registered
2014 CTS-V; 2010 Escalade ESV
464 Posts
Damn,
Had I known that this activity was also available on the weekend, I wouldn't have taken a day off work.
Oh well...

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
584 Posts
I just got an e-mail with the following info. Weird part is that I am registered for Florida and they asked if I could make it the NY event.

"Thank you for your interest in the Cadillac V-Series Performance Academy at the Monticello Motor Club. We regret to inform you that the Academy event has reached its full capacity and is full. However, we would love to offer you the opportunity to attend our Cadillac V-Series Performance Lab event which takes place on Saturday, August 21st or Sunday, August 22nd. The V Lab event offers the same curriculum as the Academy, but has a bit more classroom time as opposed to track time, but it will definitely be a very interactive and enjoyable experience for you nonetheless."

Looks like less behind the wheel time at the Lab.

Edit: just spoke to someone at the marketing folks that are putting this together. They said that the Lab is more geared towards "conquest" for non-Cadillac owners and a little more time is spend talking about the brand. The event is structured pretty much the same way, but you might end up with a rabid M5 fan in your group (nothing against BMW owners).

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V Auto Black Raven/Ebony
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Louie, you and I must be talking to the same person. The irony is that I am a true "conquest" coming from the M5 to the CTS-V. Should make for an interesting day even if I keep my mouth shut. I've got the Saturday afternoon session. Who else is going?

·
Registered
'05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt
1,690 Posts
Got in for Laguna Seca, boy are they going to be surprised..

"Have you ever had your car on track?" oh.. a couple..

·
Registered
'09 1SB - Crystal Red w/Light Titanium
268 Posts
Got in for Laguna Seca, boy are they going to be surprised... "Have you ever had your car on track?" oh.. a couple..
Ha! Same here, Dennis ... I have over 5K track miles on various tracks doing either lapping, instructing, or in local conference racing. That includes 4 different sessions at Laguna. I think I'll keep mum about my experience.

Have you already had your session at Laguna or will you be there for the Nov 20-21st "Lab" session? If so, which session? I'm in the Sat morning session.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt
1,690 Posts
Friday morning group at LS then taking Atom to Infineon for independent track day on Saturday.

Going to be very disappointed if we only get to dodge cones in the paddock. I wouldn't think this car would sell it's self as a cone dodger. I needs to stretch it's legs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts