Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This from 3/17/03 Autoweek:

"The daylong 35th anniversary party last month included news from Cadillac V-Series brand Manager Doug Shumacker. He said plans to make two days of driving instruction at the Bondurant school part of the standard equipment that comes with every V-Series vehicle are working their way through the corporate approval process at General Motors."

WOW....that would be very cool.

·
Registered
53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV
755 Posts
V-Series is gonna kick azz!

·
Registered
1995 SLS 200K miles
372 Posts
I wait and see! They do a v8 in CTS and I will buy one. Hate to say this but best new car I've driven this year was a G35 from Infiniti, but CTS is damn close...need v8...lol

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Not a big fan of the CTS! But....I'd take one if it had a V-8 over any rice grinder No matter how nice the rice! The main things that I don't like about the CTS are the pathetic engine and the lack of interior room! I really like the looks of it.....I test drove one recently and it was not a car I could get comfortable in and was sadly underpowered....Here's hoping the V-8 gets here soon!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Brett said:
This from 3/17/03 Autoweek:

"The daylong 35th anniversary party last month included news from Cadillac V-Series brand Manager Doug Shumacker. He said plans to make two days of driving instruction at the Bondurant school part of the standard equipment that comes with every V-Series vehicle are working their way through the corporate approval process at General Motors."

WOW....that would be very cool.
BMW offers a similar thing if you buy an
M5. You get to go to the M course at
their Performance Center in SC. The
offer is good for 1 year after you buy your M5.

BMW also allows you to pick up your
Car at their performance center. Would
be cool if you could pick it up at Bondurant
too. Probably just need to have a local
Caddy dealer their prep the car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I did one of the Bondurant Cart Racing schools, just a one day thing but it is definitely close to the most fun you can have on 4 wheels, these little things get close to 120 and with 2 inches of clearance and no seatbelts it seems really fast, and they turn like nothing else.

Kurt

·
Registered
2006 BMW M5 | 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV
315 Posts
I know this thread is old (very old), but it is interesting to see at one time Gm was going to send every new owner to Bondurant. I know they are offering that for the ZR1 now, but they may sell a LOAD of new Vs if they offered it to that market also.

I guess with the new bailout, wouldn't we be paying for it anyway?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts