Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 AWD 2.0 Obsession Red --Black 2007 STS-V
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traveling on I-40 just east of Albaqurque this morning and several of the Gumball 3000 cars were going past. I was in the STS-V going about 80 when I saw a XLR-V comng up fast then he was gone.
Few minutes later I look in the review to see a Rolls Convert sailing along with a AMG Mercedes.
The next group was more than I could take :duck:
another AMG Mercedes , Newer Porsche 99? , Masarati , then a Lamborghini :cool2:
After the Lambo cleared my front fender I stood on the gas ... the V dropped 2 gears and went full boost :bouncy:
I rode about 10 cars back at 100-110 for several minutes until the pack decided 110 was too slow and my wife thought it was to fast :thepan:
5 minutes later we see the Rolls on the roadside chatting with the State Trooper.
Then litereally 4 miutes later the Rolls & AMG pass us again.. I was still on cruise at 80 so they were really able to get some momentum to catch us that fast.
15 minutes later we get a photo op of the Rolls and AMG S550 at the next Shell Station.
I don't know the Rolls models but this one was a 2 seat Convert with Suicide doors,UAE plates MOE and MATT ,dressed "Arabian Style" very nice guys letting peolpe get pictures and opening the car up ect... like they weren't even in a race just out for the fun.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV AWD
248 Posts
...AMG S550 at the next Shell Station.
No such animal as an S550 AMG. You can get an S550 with AMG package which is NOT a true AMG (per the official AMG registry). A true S-series AMG would be an S55, S63 or S65 AMG. I had an S55 AMG...very nice car, can't stand posers who badge their cars as AMGs when they're not...

·
Registered
Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS
536 Posts
No such animal as an S550 AMG. You can get an S550 with AMG package which is NOT a true AMG (per the official AMG registry). A true S-series AMG would be an S55, S63 or S65 AMG. I had an S55 AMG...very nice car, can't stand posers who badge their cars as AMGs when they're not...
That's like people who buy V emblems on eBay and slap 'em on their V6 STS.

There's a black STS around Raleigh/Cary that someone has done that too. I pulled up next to him at a red light in my real STS-V one day. The guy saw me and then wouldn't even look over at me again. He knew he'd been "outed". I just had to laugh....

·
Registered
none
627 Posts
That's like people who buy V emblems on eBay and slap 'em on their V6 STS.

There's a black STS around Raleigh/Cary that someone has done that too. I pulled up next to him at a red light in my real STS-V one day. The guy saw me and then wouldn't even look over at me again. He knew he'd been "outed". I just had to laugh....
My legal California license plate reads..."V 4 REEL"...

Sho'nuff...

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V Black/Black
700 Posts
can't stand posers who badge their cars as AMGs when they're not...
Yeah I had a BMW 745 Sport I you would not believe how many people that would put M emblems on their car than again I had a Alpina one on mine so.....Doh!

I wonder if there are any V-Series posers out there?:stirpot:

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV AWD
248 Posts
I don't know how the Bimmer guys are, but poser bashing was bloodsport on the M-B forums. I had enough of guys telling me that their car was an AMG because it had the AMG "package". The only way to get onto the official/factory AMG forums is to provide them with your VIN:

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/privatelounge/login/login_external.php

If you plug in the VIN of a M-B that's not a true AMG and just has the AMG "package" (which is typical wheels/suspension/body kit/etc.; all show without the go) guess what...you ain't gettin' in...

So to settle it once and for all I asked the AMG Private Lounge moderator to make a definitive statement about what makes an AMG an AMG. His response, if it didn't come out of Affalterbacher with a signed (hand fitted/made) engine, it's not an AMG. 'Nuff said!

I love calling out posers of all types, BMW M's, Audi S's, M-B AMG's, Dodge/Chrysler SRT's, etc. I never seen a V-poser, but I'm on the lookout now. I'll only do it if I know for sure a guy's posing, especially if he has a honey in the car...

·
Registered
2007 Raven Black STS-V, 2010 Radiant Silver SRX Premium 2.8T
470 Posts
You can always tell a poser by the size of their hood. Have a few CTS-V posers around where I live. Only have seen 1 STS-V poser and the car was parked. None that I have seen swap their hood, only slap on emblems and grill. Its very simple, No Bulge, No V!

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV AWD
248 Posts
You can always tell a poser by the size of their hood. Have a few CTS-V posers around where I live. Only have seen 1 STS-V poser and the car was parked. None that I have seen swap their hood, only slap on emblems and grill. Its very simple, No Bulge, No V!
Speaking of bulges, the same V-poser is the probably the same guy in line at the pharmacy buying Trojan Magnum comdoms too! :histeric:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts