Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe Cadillac's V-Series is the most unappreciated high performance luxury vehicle on the road today. Dodge is no match for this vehicle.
I have 8500 miles on my (pampered) 2017 V featuring, Red Obsession Paint, Carbon Package, Recaro Seats, Black Rims, Red Brembo Calipers, Sunroof, Luxury Package and Data Recorder.
I'm considering storing for future appreciation value.
Thoughts?
Dee Tyson

Attachments

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,723 Posts
It's a crapshoot. I'd wager that we'll all be dead before the vehicle is worth much of anything to anyone. Pampered? "low mileage?" It all rots and wears out over time - just sitting there.

Look at it this way - my 2002.5 F55 STS is one of relatively few. It went out the showroom door in June of 2002 at just over $58,000. Now - 18 years later, pampered, garaged, low mileage (for the age - 67,000) - it's worth maybe $2,000.

Drive the car and enjoy it now.

last summer .............

RF view 2.JPG

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,631 Posts
I'm with Sub on this one. You've got a nice ride that you aren't enjoying because you're thinking of some future payday that likely won't come. My 2003 Deville had a sticker of $48,000 or so and I'd be lucky to get $2K for it. I pamper it maintenance wise, but driving is another matter. Love me some WOT.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's a crapshoot. I'd wager that we'll all be dead before the vehicle is worth much of anything to anyone. Pampered? "low mileage?" It all rots and wears out over time - just sitting there.

Look at it this way - my 2002.5 F55 STS is one of relatively few. It went out the showroom door in June of 2002 at just over $58,000. Now - 18 years later, pampered, garaged, low mileage (for the age - 67,000) - it's worth maybe $2,000.

View attachment 575426
Thank you...

I'm with Sub on this one. You've got a nice ride that you aren't enjoying because you're thinking of some future payday that likely won't come. My 2003 Deville had a sticker of $48,000 or so and I'd be lucky to get $2K for it. I pamper it maintenance wise, but driving is another matter. Love me some WOT.
Appreciate your response...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I believe Cadillac's V-Series is the most unappreciated high performance luxury vehicle on the road today. Dodge is no match for this vehicle.
I have 8500 miles on my (pampered) 2017 V featuring, Red Obsession Paint, Carbon Package, Recaro Seats, Black Rims, Red Brembo Calipers, Sunroof, Luxury Package and Data Recorder.
I'm considering storing for future appreciation value.
Thoughts?
Dee Tyson
Hello Dee just read your post. Look for a Hennessy or a Mallett . These cars are collectable. The Mallett cars were modified and out back on the Cadillac showroom floor. Drive your 2017 and enjoy it. Track it --have some fun.

·
Registered
'06 STS-V, '17 CTS-V
775 Posts
Never going to be worth squat. I picked up a 2006 STS-V with 6500 miles on it in May of 2014. One of 2500 of these RWD versions ever made between then and 09, and it was bone stock (the regular STS with the breakdown prone 4.6L Northstar engines were FWD). It was never driven in the rain. Hell, I don't think it ever went down a dirt road...the tags underneath STILL looked brand new, and the interior smelled like the day it was made. Not a swirl mark in the deep black paint nor a crease in a seat. Draxelmaier did the interior with real aluminum, wood, and european leather (same company that does the Maybach). The 4.4L s/c Northstar motor was handbuilt and was the last in-house cadillac designed motor (until the blackwing). The car was used to homologate the 4.4L N* version engine for Indycar. She was $80k out the door new, Cadillacs' most expensive and powerful car built up to that time. I bought it used from the dealer for $28k, the LOWEST MILEAGE specimen in the country. Just $28k.

I modded the SHIT outta that thing for that price. It's not a Shelby, nor will it ever be, so why not?

These things will never be collectable. Only reason the vagon is is because the manual wagon was rare, dc'd, and drag racers love the weight transfer they provide over the ass-end. past that. nada.

View attachment 575426
Part of the reason it's worth squat is bc those 4.6L Northstars needed upgraded head studs to keep them together. They're infamous for gasket leaks without 'em, and it's like a $4k repair today if it wasn't done under the warranty. There was a guy at each Caddy dealership that literally did only that everyday, drop motors out the bottom and redrill stud holes. If the engine was not problematic, your car would be easily double your valuation, assuming all the bells & whistles work. But...now you have a gently-used, low-mileage, full size V8 luxury car worth the same as a clapped-out, stripped-out crown vic due to that 4.6L nightmare under the hood.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,723 Posts
Nice try.

Runs like a striped ape, no noises or hiccups, no speed limiter, regularly sees 125+. Great car. Never had a nightmare with the engine. If it breaks, I'll fix it - just like any other car on the planet.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Wagon-Raven Black, manual, satin graphite wheels
421 Posts
When I see something like a Cobra R roll across an auction block with ultra low miles sell for about what it sold for in 2000 I can't help but think of what a waste that was. The owner paid insurance, garage space isn't free, 19 years of sitting there not being enjoyed for 0 ROI and lots of money flushed away on insurance and storing. Cars that can be bought new and actual make money as an investment are few and far between. As cool and rare as a V3 is it is still guaranteed to not be a successful investment. Drive it, enjoy it.

·
Registered
17 Escalade,17 Chevy SS,88Corvette,71Corvette
456 Posts
Drive it enjoy the car!! If one stores these cars and expects to make some $$$ on it in the future it’s just not going to happen. Yes, it may be worth more than one that’s driven normally. To me what’s the difference....trailer queen maybe worth 50-60k and one driven maybe 15-25k years down the road? Not worth it to me....have fun with the car!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Crap shoot, like the others have said. I think the V cars will retain better value than other models but I wouldn't say they will make you any money thats for sure. Especially if you bought it new. Getting a good deal on a nice used one may pay off. Keep it nice, pamper it, love it, but enjoy it. Keep regular maintenance and paperwork and the right person will pay a little more than market value knowing it was well kept and maintained. I love looking for low mileage clean cars when im looking to buy, but sitting cars are no good, made that mistake once. That being said, I wish I kept my 1987 Grand National, It was a garage queen, but again I drove it often enough to keep it exercised.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts