Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I've been missing on the forum lately, but I've been on the road.
I don't even want to look at the Odometer cause I had 14k before I left, I can only imagine where I'm at now.

This has been and exciting road trip. Very Comfortable ride, I belive I may need an alignment cause I feel a slight pull to the right. No whine in the Diff either for all you fluid changin folks.

Trip to Houston
Anyways I told you about the Grand Prix GT, Dodge SRT-4, Porsche SUV, all couldn't run with the V long distance.
Running very low on gas, I was searching for a Shell station, while stopped at a light two country boys in a pickup was on side of me. The passenger, with his head out of the window asked me if I could rev it up a bit, cause it sounds soo good. It was funny and embarrasing at the same time cause I had to tell him, no cause I was low on gas! He just replied well, whatever u done to it, it sure sounds good! That just made my trip, I could've went back to Kansas after hearing that.

I also want to add the gas mileage IMHO is ridiculously good, 22mpg from a V8 with an avg speed of 85. I kind of feel like Smokey and the Bandit when I'm weavin in and out of big semi's, there was even one the hung with me for a hot minute before he was caught in traffic.

No to the rest of the trip.
Yesterday, I went to Leesville, LA and returned the same day.
Passed a classic Ford on I-59, after being passed he caught up and passed me I guess to see what I had, down shift to 3rd and we both pulled, I guess he was satisfied cause he then backed off.
While in Fort Polk, I ran into a classic Mustang with two soldiers out for a ride.
We rode together all the way to DeRidder, where he pulled on side of me and said, "I don't know what u've done to that thing but it sure runs great." He then told me that I ought to come out to some place called Riddles or sumthin with him that night. I told him I had to pass as I was going back to Texas Now.

Ran up on two Hemi powered vehicles on I-10 headed back to texas.
BBR-S: Charger R/T
Power 8: Magnum SRT-8 (which I didn't know came in a Magnum)

BBR-S and I were stuck in stand still traffic for 1hr and a half. I just knew that after getting out of traffic he was going to stretch his legs a little, Obviously his legs weren't that long as he only sprinted to 70 and then merged into the other lane so I can pass him (I was blinking my lights cause he was in my way) But he never got back into the open lane to stay with me.

That's when I ran up on Power-8, passed him, slowed on side of him, then got behind him, then on side again. He turned on his interior lights, so I thought it was on. It wasn't, I guess he knew better.

However I did find great excitement with two custom motorcycles on Beltway 8. They came flying up, when they got close I downshifted to 3rd and took off with them. I think the B&B scared the mess out of both of them, cause they both were looking around and then pointed at me. One went behind me and read my plate that when he realized that this wasn't no ordinary CTS. We had a good run.

Anyways, I just wanted to give you guys a brief as to why I haven't been around lately, havin too much fun, drivin too many miles!

SSmith, I'm gonna have to catch up with you either b4 I leave or on my way to Dallas.

Gotta go wash the V and hit the road Bye

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
awesome man...

i'm in Houston too, and there's a guy across the street from my office that has a black 05 V too... we should try to get a meet together or something at some point.

i work on the northwest side of town, about 2 minutes from 290 and Beltway, although I live close to willowbrook mall, 249 & FM1960

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
When do you plan on being in Dallas?

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
not sure yet... i have to go out there for 2 days in the next couple weeks... haven't planned the trip yet. give me a potential date, and i'll see if i can work with it.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
The V lives for road trips. I've got 45,000+ miles on mine and many, if not most, of those are from road trips. I also got almost 28mpg averaging about 80mph driving downhill on the plateaus of New Mexico...

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
I just back from a road trip. you are right this car is made for it. Averaging about 70 or so, i almost hit 25mpg! My last trip in the Maxima at 75 or so only got me 27.

I didnt get the kind of props you got though. WI folks dont seem interested in the V.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Harley owners seem to really like the V. On my '04 cross country trip, we went through the Dakotas just before the official start of bike week. Everywhere we went, nothing but Harleys. I got a number of positive comments and some long conversations on the V.

And I've never driven a motorcycle...

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
that's because one "rides" a motorcycle

Harley owners and V owners have alot of parallels. That's why I have to laugh at all the guys ripping on HD owners in the other thread.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
awesome man...

i'm in Houston too, and there's a guy across the street from my office that has a black 05 V too... we should try to get a meet together or something at some point.

i work on the northwest side of town, about 2 minutes from 290 and Beltway, although I live close to willowbrook mall, 249 & FM1960
My parents live off of Beltway 8 and West, I'm staying with my Aunt in Spring.
Tonight I'll be at the Willowbrook AMC to see Who's Your CADDY! 10:40pm

I just back from a road trip. you are right this car is made for it. Averaging about 70 or so, i almost hit 25mpg! My last trip in the Maxima at 75 or so only got me 27.

I didnt get the kind of props you got though. WI folks dont seem interested in the V.
I just don't understand how folks are selling these with such low mileage. The V is too much fun to drive.

MY REAR IS LEAKING, but the car is driving pretty damn good! It actually feels faster. I hope I make it back to Kansas.

Just checking while my wife gets dressed, see you guys later. I'll check back in before I head to Dallas.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts