Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Escalade, 2007 SRX
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the stock V grille with the adaptive cruise control? My grille is faded and doesn't look good so I was thinking about a mesh grille but Im not sure if I want to try one of the typically low quality aftermarket grilles. I know I would have to make a whole for the radar to go through but im not sure what to do about the emblem.

Also, I was considering changing out my stock 1SG spoiler for a stock V spoiler and I was wondering if the bolt holes were in the same location or if I would have to drill new ones.

Thanks.

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
91RS said:
Has anyone used the stock V grille with the adaptive cruise control? My grille is faded and doesn't look good so I was thinking about a mesh grille but Im not sure if I want to try one of the typically low quality aftermarket grilles. I know I would have to make a whole for the radar to go through but im not sure what to do about the emblem. Also, I was considering changing out my stock 1SG spoiler for a stock V spoiler and I was wondering if the bolt holes were in the same location or if I would have to drill new ones. Thanks.
V grille won't fit non v fascia

·
Registered
'11 CTS-V Coupe M6, '05 1SG STS4 V8
377 Posts
The platinum grill looks nice, I think it can come with the adaptive cruise emblem.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade, 2007 SRX
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Darn. It looked like it could be the same.

I'd love to just trade my car for a V but the few cars I've called on, the dealers must think they have CTS-V's and want to play the we're not budging from the price game. So it looks like I'll be keeping my car.

·
Registered
'11 CTS-V Coupe M6, '05 1SG STS4 V8
377 Posts
Oh gotcha. Looks like you can get the E&G mesh grill and use your ACC emblem.

I'd like to know about the V spoiler if it needs new mounting holes or the entire deck lid.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Escalade, 2007 SRX
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't really care for the Platinum grille that much so it didn't break my heart to find out that the ACC wasn't available with the Platinum package (how silly is that?). I kinda like the E&G grille but all the pictures I've seen doesn't convince me its worth $500. I'm probably just going to have my stock grille repainted either a better silver (mine is flat and dingy looking, it looks like someone sprayed some kind of solvent on it that ruined the paint) or paint it body color.

I'll look at those threads later and compare better. I just don't want to buy the V spoiler and then have to drill more holes in my trunk if it uses different holes from my stock 1SG spoiler. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts