Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was looking at buying a 2002 Cadillac DHS. But I don't really like the look of the grille on it. So my question was, is it possible to install a V-Grille on the DHS instead of the grille on there now? I know the DHS is an older model so I didnt know if the V Grille would fit it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
check out Vogue Tyre's website - they have quite a few modified caddy grills in many differing styles, one of which is sure to make your day!

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Yes. Vogue sells a grill made by E&G Classics. It's a wire mesh grille with a large chrome header. I want to put one on my DTS but they're pretty costly.

http://www.egclassic.com/inventory/item.php?itemid=30

I had a local dealer who wanted $569 for it. Then you'll find that you have to make a relocation device for the hood latch.

Cardiodoc has them on eBay form time to time ate a great price. Just under $500 I think.

·
Registered
Custom 2005 Cadillac Deville, Pimp Edition
275 Posts
Yes. Vogue sells a grill made by E&G Classics. It's a wire mesh grille with a large chrome header. I want to put one on my DTS but they're pretty costly.

http://www.egclassic.com/inventory/item.php?itemid=30

I had a local dealer who wanted $569 for it. Then you'll find that you have to make a relocation device for the hood latch.

Cardiodoc has them on eBay form time to time ate a great price. Just under $500 I think.
Go for it, the mesh grill is nice, I went with the classic gold grill. BTW, although it says you have to relocate the emblem, you can leave it and buy a new emblem to fit on the grill. I can probably find a picture of an example if you want.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hey, I was looking at buying a 2002 Cadillac DHS. But I don't really like the look of the grille on it. So my question was, is it possible to install a V-Grille on the DHS instead of the grille on there now? I know the DHS is an older model so I didnt know if the V Grille would fit it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
V grill? you mean the Z grill? cus that would work on your car.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
LOL that's another hurdle all together for me. I have night-vision. I will be cutting out the spot for the emblem and fabricating a trim ring to encase the night-vision cam. And like I said, I'm pretty sure you have to make something to relocate the hood release. I think they forgot about that part.

If I do get this grille I'm going to powder coat it black.

Lots of fabrication going on with my car lately.

Go for it, the mesh grill is nice, I went with the classic gold grill. BTW, although it says you have to relocate the emblem, you can leave it and buy a new emblem to fit on the grill. I can probably find a picture of an example if you want.

·
Registered
275 Posts
LOL that's another hurdle all together for me. I have night-vision. I will be cutting out the spot for the emblem and fabricating a trim ring to encase the night-vision cam. And like I said, I'm pretty sure you have to make something to relocate the hood release. I think they forgot about that part.

If I do get this grille I'm going to powder coat it black.

Lots of fabrication going on with my car lately.
o, you have night vision, in that case your screwed on grill options. hahaha although one user made a custom grill a while ago, heres the pic. I think it looks good, for a night vision grill, but who knows what he had to go through to make that. I would hate to have to cut into a new $500+ grill. >.<

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Yeah I hate to cut into too but what choice do I have. I want what I want, like most people. If they don't make what I want then I make it. No problem :) We can handle it.

That's down the road anyway. I've sort of put the grille on the back burner for now.

That looks like they did a pretty nice job.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yeah I hate to cut into too but what choice do I have. I want what I want, like most people. If they don't make what I want then I make it. No problem :) We can handle it.

That's down the road anyway. I've sort of put the grille on the back burner for now.

That looks like they did a pretty nice job.
Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts