Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
06' Cadillac CTS
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright Cadillac Gurus, need some help, ive got an 06', 3.6 w/ 30k miles on it. Awhile back I installed a V exhaust, 2.5" as im sure you all know, im just providing as much info as possible. Last week i purchased a 2.5" magnaflow x pipe and had it installed, it sounds great, nice deep pitch, exactly the sound i was looking for EXCEPT, when accelerating at about half throttle, it makes a horrible, almost slapping sound, as if there is a nail bouncing around in the muffler. It only happens at half throttle, or between those rpms' somewhere in the range between 2500-3000. It makes it sounds like a damn rice burner because of that. Im trying to figure out, if this is natural, and if it is i will take the thing off and put the resonator back, OR is there some other known cause of this? Bad weld, air leak, etc? I am not able to get under my car, my apartment complex is much to tight to be working on my vehicle, which sucks. Im going to try to load a sound clip tonight or tomorrow, and maybe that will help. The setup is like this, removed the resonator, installed 2.5" pipe at the existing piping for about 6" till it hit the x pipe, meaning the x pipe is closer to the rear of the car, with the added piping towards the front, the xpipe is only 12" long, stock resonator is closer to 18" long. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
06' Cadillac CTS
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update, I Found the source of the vibrating, and it is the bumper cover hitting the exhaust, now my question is, has anyone else who installed a V exhaust had this problem? At least the exhaust hitting the bumper? Before the xpipe it didnt make any noise really, now that Ive got the xpipe on there it is drastically changed. I read in an older post that there is a bolt that can be tightened so that the cover is tighter, as it has about 1/4 of movement up and down. I really dont want to cut these holes any bigger. Any Ideas? Bolt location?

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
Could it be your exhaust guy didn't bolt it up well when he installed it for you? Maybe an adjusting is in order. either way, ttt for ya.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts