Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T Matte Titanium Metallic
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Absolutely mind-blowing style in person.

Took a few pictures of the one on the lot:

·
Banned
4-door Escalhate, '08 Corvhate Z06, Ford DuraHate Diesel.
362 Posts
Looks like a supermodel from the waist up but with a big fat oversize ass. Not a fan. :wtf:

·
Registered
2019 CTS VSport, 2011 escalade platinum, 2014 xts VSport Platinum
144 Posts
Really like the interior panel and the button in place of the interior handle. The outside recessed handle like the Corvette looks great as well.

·
Registered
CTS-V
533 Posts
Still like my V better.
The side and back look stubby like a Nissan.

I hope I don't end up buying one after saying that!

·
Registered
2012 Jeep SRT8/2010 Jeep SRT8/2006 GTO
50 Posts
Looks like a supermodel from the waist up but with a big fat oversize ass. Not a fan. :wtf:
agree, looks like the aborted fetus of new Acura TL. And I'm usually a big fan of coupe variants compared to their sedan siblings. Also agree with crawfish, car is overpriced.

·
Registered
2005 STS V8
522 Posts
The button on the door handle is similar to the Vette. They have a manual release, I think it's along the floor next to the seat, if the battery is dead.

·
Registered
2011 CTSV Coupe
22 Posts
Still like my V better.
The side and back look stubby like a Nissan.

I hope I don't end up buying one after saying that!
Yep... Big butt, more odd angles, little rear visibility, less room, less headroom in back, less trunk space, blah, blah, blah.

Happen to be driving by my local dealership yesterday. They had a standard silver CTS coupe, outside by their front doors. So I decided to drive in, luckily they were closed. Spent 45 minutes of daylight going over every inch of the car. Today, I went by to sit in it.

I'm in love.... Boy, does it look good. You really need to see it in person. I've driven my wife past it twice. She knows I've got the bug. I'm still trying to talk myself out of it. I should really get the sedan, it's more practical blah, blah, blah. Wish me luck...

·
Registered
09 CTS V
226 Posts
I think the different angles and rear being so high off the ground is going to create love and hate relationships.

I have seen a regular coupe in person, and granted it wasn't a V, but it just looked awkward to me. I think it is the continuous slope from the roofline to the rear of the car. I think it would have looked better with a short trunk and lower the rear diffuser some, not to mention the fact that by doing that they could have added a couple of gallons to the fuel tank???

If you look at the window trim on the sides it looks like neither one of them lines up correctly and I hope it is just the reflections, but it doesn't appear so.

Thanks for the pics. For the sake of Cadillac trying to reinvent things with their model line I don't know if this car will be a success or not. Only time will tell.

·
Banned
362 Posts
It won't be a success. It's too expensive and too UGLY :thehand:

Paying $70k for a Cadillac is enough already when it's a 4-door, 5-seater. Charging a premium for a 2-door with a fat ass isn't going to go over well.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe (Auto)
312 Posts
Now lets keep in mind, the one shown is fully loaded at $72K, and starts at $62K. There are a number of 3 series that hit that level of cost, coupe, convertible, sedan, and not just the M3. Complain all you like, but there is no arguing that the CTS-V coupe is a lot of car for the money. Taste and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

~ Matthew

·
Registered
None...yet;)
11 Posts
With 8.75% tax in my area of Ca brings this sticker to $78735, sadly I may have to reconsider:rant2:

Now lets keep in mind, the one shown is fully loaded at $72K, and starts at $62K. There are a number of 3 series that hit that level of cost, coupe, convertible, sedan, and not just the M3. Complain all you like, but there is no arguing that the CTS-V coupe is a lot of car for the money. Taste and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

~ Matthew

·
Banned
362 Posts

At least GM is kind enough to install Sham-WOWs into the door accent panels :cookoo: That yellow trim is repugnant.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts