Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2011 TG CTS Coupe
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder if someone could measure the placement locations (door/trunk) for the badges. I can pretty much guess, but exact would be better. Thanks

·
Registered
2011 TG CTS Coupe
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I am, upside down. Plates are going to say WANTA V. Got the wheels and pipes are next. Hope you guys don't mind, havin a little fun.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Yes I am, upside down. Plates are going to say WANTA V. Got the wheels and pipes are next. Hope you guys don't mind, havin a little fun.
Would you be insulted if a foreigner flew the stars'n'stripes upsidedown because he wanted to live in the US? Upside-down symbols are a form of insult, not a form of flattery. It would make more sense to put a '6' next to the V.

·
Registered
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T Matte Titanium Metallic
755 Posts
"Someone Stole my EMZZZZ"

Cmon, man.

I hope you wore your flame suit.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
626 Posts
This guy is just trolling . . .

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
If it was 'only a car', you wouldnt care that others thought you were driving a V6 CTS. Adding the V's skirting/hood/wheels etc is a reasonable mod, in my opinion. These are visual upgrades with no inherent representation. The second you put a different badge on it tho, you claim to have a different car.

·
Registered
V2 CTSV
1,199 Posts
I think I remember this guy from bimmerfest... He had a 528 that he installed M5 badges, rep 166s, an mtech kit and quads...

He only did it because the m5 looks so good.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
626 Posts

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, White Diamond, Auto, all optons, Corsa Pipes
186 Posts
seriously? if you're just screwing around why do you need exact measurements? better yet, put a V on the bottom left side of the trunk, an M on the upper left, AMG on the top right, and RS on the bottom right.

·
Registered
V2 CTSV
1,199 Posts
seriously? if you're just screwing around why do you need exact measurements? better yet, put a V on the bottom left side of the trunk, an M on the upper left, AMG on the top right, and RS on the bottom right.
Ooh Ooh Ooh... And put HEMI in front of the front wheels!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
A guy named Texas Jim (who uses the login name of "Superjim" on the DTS web site - you have to wonder about anyone who would put "super" in their name) defended the "wanna be"s for wanting to put V logos on, of all things, a DTS. He had already installed them on his 2006 DTS (he posted pictures). I think anyone who wants to pretend that they have something they don't - well, is just that, a pretender. The poster who wondered why the pretender needed exact location meausurements to put the logo on upside down made a good point. Anyone who wants to put logos on a car that is not what the logos claim, (jokester, trolling, whatever) is not all there. Needless to say, when I suggested this on the DTS web site, all of the pretenders objected.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
626 Posts
I've never seen a "poser" V in person. If you guys are irritated, think of how the [real] AMG owners feel ;)

·
Registered
2009 CTSv & 2006 STSv + 1991 SHO
219 Posts
I am thinking about putting some V logos on my 1991 Taurus SHO (should up the resale value)... and my 8Hp Snowblower too.

BTW no need to be exact, just put the Logos on anywhere you want and as many as you want. Nothing anyone can do to stop you. IMHO it just makes the car look cheesy when it's not the real thing. Ever seen a Fiero with a Ferrari kit? ;)

Sell the V6 and buy a used V. It will come with the Logos in the right location.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2011 TG CTS Coupe
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was looking over the last Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale and was just shocked to see all the "poser/pretenders" down there. You guys are right, putting some V badges on my car is so wrong. I can't believe what some of these posers are doing to cars these days.

Ford Hot Rods with Chevy motors
Cobra Kit Cars
Mustangs called Eleanor
Resto-Mods
Re-Creations
Non-Matching Numbers
Un-Documented
Custom
List goes on and on

Thanks for helping me see the light. I sure don't want to be in with that group. There are thousands of those idiots out there. What a bunch of fools.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
I was looking over the last Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale and was just shocked to see all the "poser/pretenders" down there. You guys are right, putting some V badges on my car is so wrong. I can't believe what some of these posers are doing to cars these days.

Ford Hot Rods with Chevy motors
Cobra Kit Cars
Mustangs called Eleanor
Resto-Mods
Re-Creations
Non-Matching Numbers
Un-Documented
Custom
List goes on and on

Thanks for helping me see the light. I sure don't want to be in with that group. There are thousands of those idiots out there. What a bunch of fools.
Since when is Barrett Jackson the moral compass of all things automotive? Its irrelevant what other people are doing. Your sarcasm doesnt change the fact that you are posing. You are going to pretend to have something you dont. Thats just sad. Its lame when someone puts S badges on a non-SS 60's Camaro. It doesnt matter that the car is still cool, the badges are lame, and the owner is telling more about himself then he realizes.

Interesting that you didnt just look online or go to the dealer... Again, this says alot about you...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts