Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 XTS, 2017 XT5
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the standard rear-end ratio on a V-6 all-wheel drive car? I've noticed that the spoiler and ZF power steering are deleted with this package and that all four tires are the same size. That seems to be an advantage for tire rotation purposes, but is the rear-end ratio the same?

·
Banned
851 Posts
Baldtop said:
Does anyone know the standard rear-end ratio on a V-6 all-wheel drive car? I've noticed that the spoiler and ZF power steering are deleted with this package and that all four tires are the same size. That seems to be an advantage for tire rotation purposes, but is the rear-end ratio the same?[/quot

Hi Baldtop,
the axle ratio for the V6 AWD is 323 : 1, you con see this on Cadillac.com under STS V6 powertrain & chassis.

Harry

·
Registered
2016 XTS, 2017 XT5
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SLS02 said:
Have you driven this vehicle (V6 AWD)? What are your thoughts?
I have not driven this vehicle, but I currently own a SRX V-6 with all-wheel drive and I am very impressed with it. For my purposes, I find it to have more than enough power and it regularly yields 23-23 mpg at a steady 65-70 mph on regular fuel. It's RE ratio is something like 3.80 but of course it also has much larger circumference tires. I know that the standard STS V-6 RE ratio is 3.42. It really surprises me that they would put a taller gear in an all-wheel chassis. I know that the V-8 all-wheel drive ratio is 3.23 but it would seem that the V-6 should be somewhat shorter.

Since I am so impressed with the SRX and it's performance, I am considering purchasing an all-wheel drive STS V-6.

·
Registered
2015 XTS Luxury
162 Posts
To Baldtop: Just bought the '06 AWD STS V6. One salesman told me they deleted the spoiler and power steering option to increase mileage (by 1/2 mile) and avoid the gas guzzler tax. Don't know if he was correct or not. BTW, My first tank, I got 18 MPG on regular gas. The manual says better performance and so logically better mileage would result from PLUS grade gas, so I'm trying that with my second tankful.

·
Registered
2016 XTS, 2017 XT5
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Skibanker said:
To Baldtop: Just bought the '06 AWD STS V6. One salesman told me they deleted the spoiler and power steering option to increase mileage (by 1/2 mile) and avoid the gas guzzler tax. Don't know if he was correct or not. BTW, My first tank, I got 18 MPG on regular gas. The manual says better performance and so logically better mileage would result from PLUS grade gas, so I'm trying that with my second tankful.
Thanks for the info. I think that salesman will tell you anything that they think you want to hear. Logically, if the options were removed from the V-6 to save a guzzler tax, why not the V-8 also?

I have used regular gas in my SRX almost exclusively, the increased octane of plus and premium doesn't seem to make any difference in mileage or performance. I trust that you will totally enjoy your new vehicle. Isn't the power and smoothness of the V-6 amazing. Just doesn't make sense to me to spend $10,000 more for two more cylinders!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts