Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
All of them
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
for all the new V owners and new forum members this is a MUST HAVE!!! even if you plan on keeping the car bone stock the UUC short shifter is the one and only MUST HAVE for making your car that much more fun to drive.
we are the nationwide exclusive distributor of UUC's Cadillac products and sell the shifter for $369.00 plus $30.00 for the MUST HAVE poly-urethane shifter bushings, plus shipping ($10.00-$12.00) call, email or pm to order.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
Great deal, paid the same without the bushings

Shifter = 10 Month's - Would not use another
Bushings = 2 month's - What a difference, don't forget the bushings...

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
No marketing BS in Luke's statement. This should be the #1 first mod for all V owners. Also like others have said, GET THE BUSHINGS. The OEM rubber ones are just crap.

I love my UUC, and have had ZERO issues with it (which I can't say about a lot of my other mods).

-Chris

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS-V
8,439 Posts
i'd say there's a greater decrease in the throw, bt that might be because my stock bushings were going south on me.

but the shift feels almost like a mechanically gated shifter like a ferrari but without the annoying clack clak clak

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,987 Posts
Haven't driven an '06 or '07 V (didn't they make some improvements in the shifting for those years? ... not sure), but the stock '04 and '05 shifter is by far the worst out of the dozen or more manuals I've owned in the past.

Going to a short shifter like the UUC (the B&M is out of production as I understand it) is simply one of the best mods you can do. There's a shorter throw of around 25-30% with about the same increase in effort, but the increase in crispness and lack of slop is the way the car should have been made in the first place. This is ONE OF THE BEST MODS!!!

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
5,329 Posts
Haven't driven an '06 or '07 V (didn't they make some improvements in the shifting for those years? ... not sure), but the stock '04 and '05 shifter is by far the worst out of the dozen or more manuals I've owned in the past.
I'm not sure if they made any improvements either. But if they did, my stock shifter in my '06 wasn't any better.

This is the shifter that should've come with the car.

The UUC is a mod you won't regret. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
CTS-V
104 Posts
Whether the B&M is still in production or not, DON'T buy one! I'm on my second (first was replaced under warranty) and it's a P.O.S.! Granted, the shift action is much improved over stock but when the car is driven for any great length of time (hour or so) the shifter actually begins to bind! For instance, if you push the stick over to the right as if to go into reverse, the shifter actually stays there, it won't self-center.
If I had it to do over I'd buy a UUC :-(

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
800 Posts
Whether the B&M is still in production or not, DON'T buy one! I'm on my second (first was replaced under warranty) and it's a P.O.S.! Granted, the shift action is much improved over stock but when the car is driven for any great length of time (hour or so) the shifter actually begins to bind! For instance, if you push the stick over to the right as if to go into reverse, the shifter actually stays there, it won't self-center.
If I had it to do over I'd buy a UUC :-(
Just needs a little high temp grease on the linkage.

Get the mount bushings regardless of shifter. Best $30 mod for the V!

·
Registered
Silver 04V Kooks,Corsa,UUC S.Shifter/Bushings, Badass Driver
171 Posts
can i purchase the UUC short shifter at a dealership? i have no idea how to instal anything and to be honest am too lazy...

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
So what you are all trying to say is the loosy goosy crappy feeling is gone and this would actually make it feel like it should in a car like this?

·
Registered
17,712 Posts
So what you are all trying to say is the loosy goosy crappy feeling is gone and this would actually make it feel like it should in a car like this?
Your kidding right? :)

The shifter + Bushings = Makes it fun to shift! The car should have at least come with these bushings.

I think Caddy needs to rethink the demograph for the CTS-V. Am I part of the minority or the majority that thinks this car should be tight (Suspension and Shifting)?

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,987 Posts
Rob, I'm old enough to be your dad, and you're right about GM rethinking the demographics here. Heck, even us old farts want it tight and not loosey goosey. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,712 Posts
Rob, I'm old enough to be your dad, and you're right about GM rethinking the demographics here. Heck, even us old farts want it tight and not loosey goosey. :rolleyes:
I'm glad to hear that Rand becuase I was afraid I might start getting a little soft as I go older but you have proved to me that will not happen! :thumbsup:

I will grow old but I refuse to grow up

I want fast, tight, hot,.... (hmmm... Sounds like something else)

Since I'm rambling "if it's got t*ts or tires there will be trouble!"

I sure hope my wife doesn't see this, I will be in the dog house for a while. :thepan:

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
800 Posts
I'm glad to hear that Rand becuase I was afraid I might start getting a little soft as I go older but you have proved to me that will not happen! :thumbsup:

I will grow old but I refuse to grow up

I want fast, tight, hot,.... (hmmm... Sounds like something else)

Since I'm rambling "if it's got t*ts or tires there will be trouble!"

I sure hope my wife doesn't see this, I will be in the dog house for a while. :thepan:
I thought we were talking about shifters, are we off topic? Sorry Luke:alchi:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts