Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First thing I gotta do to this car is take care of the shift ugliness. Long throw, notchy, cruncy 1-2 shifts especially.

I know that the UUC shifter will take care of the throw issue, but what about the smoothness of the shift? Does it improve that at all, or is the crunchiness due to the transmission internals instead? How much will this or any new shifter improve the quality of the shift as opposed to throw?

Much appreciated! I think once this is done I'll be ready to contemplate performance mods. Still waiting to find a nice turnkey CAI setup...

Thanks!

Skeeter
Norcal

·
Registered
CTS-V
268 Posts
Skeeter said:
Still waiting to find a nice turnkey CAI setup...

Thanks!

Skeeter
Norcal
I installed the Volant CAI a few weeks ago. It was very straightforward and is a very clean looking unit. However, I really can't say if it made a performance difference that I could feel by itself since I did a tune at the same time. The two combined (along with the Corsa) sure made it a different car though.

Marty

·
Registered
191 Posts
Skeeter said:
First thing I gotta do to this car is take care of the shift ugliness. Long throw, notchy, cruncy 1-2 shifts especially.

I know that the UUC shifter will take care of the throw issue, but what about the smoothness of the shift? Does it improve that at all, or is the crunchiness due to the transmission internals instead? How much will this or any new shifter improve the quality of the shift as opposed to throw?

Much appreciated! I think once this is done I'll be ready to contemplate performance mods. Still waiting to find a nice turnkey CAI setup...

Thanks!

Skeeter
Norcal
When i first installed it, all i said was wow:yup: , it seemed a little mechanical,
but since then its broken in very nice:yup: , this is the shifter the V should of
come with:yup: ! get it :highfive:

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
heavymetals said:
The shorter throw and "tightness" really improved the feel.:highfive:

However, there is linkage slop that the shifter cannot address.
100% agree

1 - 5 of 5 Posts