Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the UUC shifter (with the harder bushings) for almost two years and and have loved it. Recently, it has become more noisey. I had the clutch replaced under the clutch TSB and since then, it seems like there is a significant amount of high frequency noise that comes up through the shifter during hard acceleration in second gear and third gear. During normal driving, I don't notice any excessive noise. I really notice it when I take my hand off the shifter and accelerate hard to redline. Resting my hand on the shifter damps the high frequency vibration and the noise. I lifted the boot and checked for the sound deadening foam - its still there. It doesn't seem like there is any more play in the shifter than before the clutch replacement. Anybody have any ideas? Is this possibly the precursor to the UUC failure that some have reported?

Thanks,

ctsvwannabe

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Pop the top off your shifter with a small flathead and put some rubber cement around the weight inside it. Mine was buzzing for a while.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
The shifter either has to be disconnected when the trans comes out or it has to be removed.
It sounds like someone didn't put something back together right and it has nothing to do with what type of shifter it is.

They could have lost one of the steel busings in the shift bracket or not reinstalled something properly. You might comment to whoever did the work that you noticed this condition after they did that repair and have them look at it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts