Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I call my local Caddy dealer Allen GMC Cadillac in Laguna Niguel (where I bought my '05 V 5 months ago), and ask if he can install the UUC shifter I just bought from James at Lindsay Cadillac. The "service advisor" tells me he's never heard of it; calls his manager, gets back to me: "We've never installed one, and can't install anything we don't sell you for warranty reasons". I ask: "how about a Corsa exhaust system"? (there are 5 for sale on Ebay for $999); he replies: "we can do it for $1895, but I'll discount to you for $1695." The way I see it, that means I'll be paying $700 for installation that way, so, my search for an installer goes on...

·
Registered
669 Posts
don't know how handy you are - I don't consider myself all that handy around cars - but I plan on installing the Corsa myself. After reading the threads here, I am also planning on installing the UUC myself. What could be bad?

·
Registered
895 Posts
KTSwanson said:
So I call my local Caddy dealer Allen GMC Cadillac in Laguna Niguel (where I bought my '05 V 5 months ago), and ask if he can install the UUC shifter I just bought from James at Lindsay Cadillac. The "service advisor" tells me he's never heard of it; calls his manager, gets back to me: "We've never installed one, and can't install anything we don't sell you for warranty reasons". I ask: "how about a Corsa exhaust system"? (there are 5 for sale on Ebay for $999); he replies: "we can do it for $1895, but I'll discount to you for $1695." The way I see it, that means I'll be paying $700 for installation that way, so, my search for an installer goes on...
Cross that dealer off your list. Maybe GMparts direct is cheaper?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe a set of ramps, a torque wrench and a few hours on Saturday will get it done (the Volant CAI wasn't too hard)...but I'll call AMS as well...thanks!

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Corsa is 1195 list! Tell your dealer to blow a pygmie, and get the hell out of there. TByrne has Corsas cheap too.

F

·
Registered
131 Posts
BadCad said:
don't know how handy you are - I don't consider myself all that handy around cars - but I plan on installing the Corsa myself. After reading the threads here, I am also planning on installing the UUC myself. What could be bad?
I have a well equiped garage but no hoist, did my Corsa in 1.5 hours. I assembled everything, snugged up the clamps lightly, dropped it, tweaked the adjustment, popped it back up and cranked it down.

THe UUC shouldn't be bad as a DIY with the exception of dropping the heavy exhaust.

·
Registered
'99 De Ville, '05 CTS-V
535 Posts
KTSwanson said:
Had my Corsa ordered and installed on my '05 CTS-V by my dealer for $1,125.00 complete. That was a year and a half ago and have had no problems - no rattles, mis-alignment, nada. Your dealer is ripping you off! Go somewhere else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts