Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buy this! I just put mine on and it feels so completely different than just the UUC shifter with the stock knob. The stock knob let's you feel all the little bumps and slides as the shifter travels through the gates. Still a hundred times better than the original. The UUC knob, however, is the icing on the cake. The shifter feels about ten times smoother and finds the end of the throws without that little bump as it hits home. Reverse was always a test of strength to get the stick far enough over to engage. Now with the 1.5lb. wrecking ball perched on top, reverse is beaten into submission. I bet just the knob alone would improve the CTS V shifting problems. Its a little dildoesque looking at first, but it is very close to my A4s shifter in design, very Deutschlandish but in a good way. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
I've got a Lastss knob and I agree..it's pretty nice....just wait till you leave your car outside in the sun and goto shift....not fun, that sucker gets HOT!
Tinted windows, Wind Sheild sun shade, and California = not bad.

I have no problems with shifting on the hottest CA day so far. Worst case you can just finger tip the o-rings until the AC knocks the temp down low enough to touch it.

·
Registered
04 V Raven
1,384 Posts
I've got a Lastss knob and I agree..it's pretty nice....just wait till you leave your car outside in the sun and goto shift....not fun, that sucker gets HOT!
Could always use an oven mitt = condom. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put on the leather rapped man tool. Not to bad so far. Nothin like a hot knob in your hand though. The price of the leather UUC shiftknob is obscene.
$167.00 from Lindsay. Worth it though.

·
Registered
05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put on the leather rapped man tool. Not to bad so far. Nothin like a hot knob in your hand though. The price of the leather UUC shiftknob is obscene.
$167.00 from Lindsay. Worth it though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts