Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my UUC showed up at work a few mins ago. I may try to install tonight. 2 hours right? Can i get it all done with just ramps or do i really need a lift? the box was in bad shape so my real question is what all comes with it? I have 2 bushings, 1 metal stick (shifter) and a little baggy with a couple nuts and some grease. Is that it? Want to make sure im not missing any parts! Thanks

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
So my UUC showed up at work a few mins ago. I may try to install tonight. 2 hours right? Can i get it all done with just ramps or do i really need a lift? the box was in bad shape so my real question is what all comes with it? I have 2 bushings, 1 metal stick (shifter) and a little baggy with a couple nuts and some grease. Is that it? Want to make sure im not missing any parts! Thanks
I did mine a 4 jack stands so a lift isn't required but I'm sure it makes it easier.

Good job getting the bushings, much easier to change while you have the linkage out of the car.

Not much to it and it sounds like you have all of the parts.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac CTS-V
268 Posts
Sounds like all the parts are there. I did it alone over the weekend. Took about 4 hours. Did it on ramps. Probably could have shaved 2 hours off if I would have had someone helping with the alignment for installing bolts. That sucked! Billy Boat exhaust all in the way.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
Sounds like all the parts are there. I did it alone over the weekend. Took about 4 hours. Did it on ramps. Probably could have shaved 2 hours off if I would have had someone helping with the alignment for installing bolts. That sucked! Billy Boat exhaust all in the way.
I dropped out the exhaust when I did mine. Sounds like a pain but it made it much easier to lower the tranny and get the linkage out.

I cussed more when I changed the bushings later.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac CTS-V
268 Posts
I dropped out the exhaust when I did mine. Sounds like a pain but it made it much easier to lower the tranny and get the linkage out.

I cussed more when I changed the bushings later.

Oh, don't think there wasn't any cussing going on. :)

Yea, probably would have helped. If I could have gotten 2 arms up there it would have been easier.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i finished just after midnight. I only lowered the exhaust. I didnt even try to take out the two arms, i just drilled out the rivets from the bottom up. Wasnt to bad except for the hot shavings in the face! I tried lowering the driveshaft but i couldnt get to the 3rd bolt and being on ramps didnt allow me to rotate it. Didnt need it to come out anyway. I used the dremel lightly on the bushings and had the girlfriend help with the bolts. It sucked doing it with just ramps, but after a hot shower i'll definitely sleep well tonight! Havent tested it out yet, it was too late. I thought it wasnt going into reverse, turns out its just that easy now! Cant wait for the morning commute! With the money i saved installing it myself, i feel better about payin to have my brake fluid flushed tomorrow and replaced with motul 600!

·
Registered
BLK 05 CTS-V (sold) 92 Widebody NSX (current) Looking for V2
181 Posts
i think i'm going to flush my brakes too even though i've only had my car for 4 months.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Son of a!!! Clutch too?!! So i had a lady at work run out to 21st to get me some of that motul600 brake fluid, any fancy type of clutch fluid i should get too? I think the longest "sessions" we will have at the track will be 20 mins with breaks in between. Is this really long enough to boil fluids? I dont plan on driving too hard...

Oh and the morning commute/test drive with the UUC was great! No sure which mod is better, the maggie or the uuc shifter!

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So i dropped her off for the flush and got it for free! All i had to do was buy a $1,800 extended warranty.... I am under the impression my heater core (or something behind the dash) is leaking. Apparently this is a hard fix, so i got the warranty. 24 months/24K miles and i can "sell it back to them" i think... He said it's prorated..May be that's only if i sell the car? Anyways with the maggie and UUC shifter a lot isnt covered, but as long as the AC and heater, Nav, sunroof, windows, etc.. are all covered ill be happy. I got to finance it at 0% for 12 months, so i didnt have to pay all at once. Hope it's worth it!

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
So i dropped her off for the flush and got it for free! All i had to do was buy a $1,800 extended warranty.... I am under the impression my heater core (or something behind the dash) is leaking. Apparently this is a hard fix, so i got the warranty. 24 months/24K miles and i can "sell it back to them" i think... He said it's prorated..May be that's only if i sell the car? Anyways with the maggie and UUC shifter a lot isnt covered, but as long as the AC and heater, Nav, sunroof, windows, etc.. are all covered ill be happy. I got to finance it at 0% for 12 months, so i didnt have to pay all at once. Hope it's worth it!

make it worth it. If anything. I mean anything feels funny in my car I bring it in! Get your monies worth out of it.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Umm a month or more late but.... I guess it didnt. Got a new driveshaft under warranty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts