Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to make dinner (don't even start with me :annoyed:), and I took some pics of the UUC flywheel and MMs before stowing in the trunk in preparation to having them installed. Thought I'd share the pics for those who've not seen them ...

I know, I know ... BFD.

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
very nice!i was bored also so i put the front GC on today! lol

MM's look cool in yellow!

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
Let me know if you decide to sell this flywheel too. :rolleyes: Great mod, just don't wanna drop the tranny unless I need to.

Thought you were married? Guess not.....

·
14,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
very nice!i was bored also so i put the front GC on today! lol ...
So, was it raining? :histeric:

Actually, that's a great way to spend a Saturday, rain or shine!

Let me know if you decide to sell this flywheel too. :rolleyes: Great mod, just don't wanna drop the tranny unless I need to.

Thought you were married? Guess not.....
Nope, not selling this one. I hear ya about dropping the tranny. I did it to my '69 Vette and put synchros and a couple of bearings in the trans "back in the day," but I had access to a lift. No way am I doing this on my back!

Yup, I'm married. Absolutely wonderful lady ... smart as heck, too. Glad she knows nothing about cars, though. :shhh:

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
I have seen the flywheel a number of times, never surprises me how pretty it is :). However it is completely wasted hiding where it is. You think UUC could save a few bucks.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
u should def be bored while installing and take some great step by step pics of the install on all of that!

·
Registered
CTS V
122 Posts
I did the UUC flywheel and used a Hays sprung clutch disc instead of the stock unsprung disc. With the sprung disc you get Zero noise and the Hays disc is an upgrade. You can use any aftermarket sprung clutch disc with a 1 1/8 inlet 26 spline and at least a 11'' Diameter.

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
So, was it raining? :histeric:

Actually, that's a great way to spend a Saturday, rain or shine!QUOTE]

no rain today or yesterday thank god! finally ended... but who knows for how long!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
I spent my Saturday at a BBQ at our local speed shop, then working on my purge valve and nitrous switches. Would have been a great day if it wasnt 102 degrees out! Even in the garage V was reading 101. Funny how i read these northern guys waiting till summer to work on their cars, im ready for fall already unfortunately my axles are schedule to arrive on the 30th and i dont think i will be able to wait 3-4 months to install!

Although if it got below 20 degrees in the winter here i'd prob wait till summer too

·
14,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I spent my Saturday at a BBQ at our local speed shop, then working on my purge valve and nitrous switches. Would have been a great day if it wasnt 102 degrees out! Even in the garage V was reading 101. Funny how i read these northern guys waiting till summer to work on their cars, im ready for fall already unfortunately my axles are schedule to arrive on the 30th and i dont think i will be able to wait 3-4 months to install!

Although if it got below 20 degrees in the winter here i'd prob wait till summer too
Did my maggie in early July '07. Every day, it was a humid 90-95. Drank A LOT of water. 20 deg is too cold, but I did do my headers when it was 40 in February. Couple of sweatshirts on with no wind in the garage, and it was just fine.

Looks awesome Randy.....let us know how you like it!
:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts