Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, Lindsay has the shifters and bushings. I have a few bushing sets left, same price. You have to put a little grease on them, otherwise its a fight. You can clean the remainder off after they are in place. Dont give them a bath either...;)

·
Registered
669 Posts
hey lasstss -
what's care and maintenance on these bushings? i installed them dry, like the fool that i am, but after a (long) while, did get them on right eventually.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You dont need to do anything, they should outlast the car.

I have seen the OEM's crushed, torn and pushed out. The urethane will not do that.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Yeah, I put a light coating of lubrication on them and then slide the plate on. You have to position them properly too, it seems putting the slit on the top works the best, otherwise the bushings twist and are hard to install.

After the install I tried from above yesterday, I think next time I'll just lower the trans and take the exhaust off. That seems easier for me than trying to do it from inside. It CAN be done from above, but it seems to me that it takes longer and I KNOW it's more frustrating!

I am not sure how many more we have left in stock, but I am sure we have some.
If you want to come get one put on, ask James if we have one before you come.

·
Registered
CTS-V
534 Posts
ewill3rd,

Was that install on a black w/ tan interior 2004 V w/ MD tags? If so, that's likely mine! Can't wait to drive it with the new bushings and shifter!

BTW, your shop is just amazing! Very, very impressive.

-Michael

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ewill3rd said:
Yeah, I put a light coating of lubrication on them and then slide the plate on. You have to position them properly too, it seems putting the slit on the top works the best, otherwise the bushings twist and are hard to install.

After the install I tried from above yesterday, I think next time I'll just lower the trans and take the exhaust off. That seems easier for me than trying to do it from inside. It CAN be done from above, but it seems to me that it takes longer and I KNOW it's more frustrating!

I am not sure how many more we have left in stock, but I am sure we have some.
If you want to come get one put on, ask James if we have one before you come.

Completely agree. It takes a little longer but it much easier to deal with on the bench and you can make sure that there are no chips in the shifter.

I also pull the solenoid on the left to get the pin out of the trans.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Michael, yes it was your car.
It's in the heavy duty shop getting the heavy duty items looked at.
Donny is going to check the clutch, the rear end and take care of your exhaust.

Everything else is pretty much handled at this point. I am not sure how long Donny is going to be with it. I know he has the ticket on it.
You will love the shifter!
I boxed up the old one with the old bushings and put it in the trunk.

I do like working here. James is a great boss!
(I hope my sucking up to my boss doesn't offend anyone) ;)

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I have only done a couple of these so I don't have much to compare them to as far as old ones, but they did seem to have some soft spots in them.
The new bushings are much more firm.

·
Registered
669 Posts
i found you do not have to lower the tranny, but eliminating the exhaust does work a lot better - gives you more room. i also installed the bushings from the bottom; doing it from the top seems to me to be a lot harder, especially with these bushings - lubed or not.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SilverV said:
Lasstss,

How much for just the bushings ? and how do I order them from you ?

Thx. ! :thumbsup:
Bushings are $30/pr. Same as Lindsay. James has the bulk of them for shifter installs. I have about 9 sets left.

Paypal will work but add $1. ([email protected]) or you can mail a check, either way.

Contrary to any belief, I am not a vendor! Just an enthusiast that has access to machine work and a little molding.
I am working on the gage pod for the ashtray for the maggie guys. It wont be cheap but it will be stealth.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
105 Posts
lasstss said:
Bushings are $30/pr. Same as Lindsay. James has the bulk of them for shifter installs. I have about 9 sets left.

Paypal will work but add $1. ([email protected]) or you can mail a check, either way.

Contrary to any belief, I am not a vendor! Just an enthusiast that has access to machine work and a little molding.
I am working on the gage pod for the ashtray for the maggie guys. It wont be cheap but it will be stealth.
Sending Paypal, Thx. !!!

-Brian

·
Registered
2005 Light Platinum CTS-V
59 Posts
lasstss said:

Do you still have some bushings? And where do I buy the UUC shifter, it's time to fix this crappy shifter.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V (Thunder Grey)
1,667 Posts
lasstss said:

If you have any bushings left I will take a pair. Respond to this thread and I'll paypal the $31. I take it that a pair is all you need for installation.

Thanks,
Doug

:thumbsup:

·
Alexandria, Va
Work on them all...
1,213 Posts
Doug,

If lasstss has sent his remaining bushings to us, I'll get a pair out to you. There are more in the process of being made also. I'll check with lasstss and we'll get them out to you... Send me an e-mail with your shipping information...

1 - 20 of 67 Posts