Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, does any1 have instructions on how to program a 2003 Bose radio with a TECH2 to ENABLE the XM band?

My friend has a tech2 but is unsure on how to do this, can any1 please provide step by step instructions on how to do so.

Thanks alot!!

PS. i did a search but was unable to find such instructions...

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
The FAQ is your friend! ;)

http://cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/pdf/xmtech2prog.pdf

It likely won't work if you have an early '03 (pewter dash) car, as XM was not a free flow option until the black dash cars came out. Early cars don't have the firmware installed in the head unit. Are you using the XMDirect kit, or the OEM XM tuner? The Tech2 will only enable the menus, if they're already in the head unit. Mine came up automatically, after it detected the XM radio on the serial data bus.

·
Registered
Cadillac
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. i wanted to enable the XM so i could hook up an ipod nucleus device,

and yeah i do have the pewter, or dark grey dash, so ur saying it cannot be done at all?

I am also missing an antena at the back of my car its about a 4-5 inches long and is fitted to the passenger side of the rear windsheild. I think that is for ON STAR but i might be wrong, is that used for XM cuz my friend who has a black dash like you say has that antenna on her 03 CTS, while mine with the grey dash doesnt...

I really just want to enable the XM port so i can use it as an auxillary input device and use a nucleus to hook my ipod and be able to use the factory stereo controls as well as have the track info etc display on the DIC..

is there anything i can do to find out for sure if my head unit has the XM firmware in it or not? can it not be reflashed into the head unit to include XM?

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
My experience is: if you have the pewter dash car, you're SOL with enabling XM. The firmware is not in the head unit, so there is nothing to enable. My dealer tried for over an hour, but didn't charge me anything when they figured it all out. I ended up upgrading to a newer black face unit and swapping the face-plates. The XM menus came up automatically when the interface was detected. Even with them 'enabled' they won't show up until the serial data bus detects the device.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts