Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the predator and boy I'm loving every turn on my Escalade now. Well, my question like stated in the subject is: Is it possible to program (tune) 2 Escalades with the same predator without having to remove the program(tune) from one before doing the other?

I called Diablo sports and they said that I would have to set one back to original b4 doing the other. However, U can save your original programing to the computer, but going to the next truck my screen said ( this tune is not available for this type of vehicle) :confused:

I can't believe that you can do 2 trucks at the same time...So my brother and I can't share one we have to shell out $294 (the price I paid @ auto anything) each!!!

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
It is VIN locked for programming. So, only one vehicle can be programmed with each Predator. However, if they work like my superchips did, you can retrieve trouble codes from other vehicles.

p.s. How did you get it for 294.00? I just checked online and they have it at $319.95. I always use autoanything.com. I was able to get them to price match my Predatorfor $309.00. How did you get $294.00?

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT
22 Posts
I just got the Predator for 279.00 at truckaddons.com its the website of a company out of Lexington, KY called Trailblazers, we've dealt with them for many years. Free shipping too!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The power of google!

Edit: no links sorry.

$25 Off $199 Order Plus Free Shipping;Use coupon code AGE04200.

dead links removed - urbanski

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
That is true you can only use the Preditor for one truck at a time, the nice thing is when you trade your truck in or sell it, you put the stock saved program back into the truck and it unlocks the Preditor so you can use it on another truck, or sell it. There maybe a way around that I have been told, I have to talk to the programmer at our shop, I should be there tomorrow or Friday.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
I just got the Predator for 279.00 at truckaddons.com its the website of a company out of Lexington, KY called Trailblazers, we've dealt with them for many years. Free shipping too!
I went there and it shows $399.99 and then 20 bucks off for $379.99. Did you really mean $279.00?

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
That is true you can only use the Preditor for one truck at a time, the nice thing is when you trade your truck in or sell it, you put the stock saved program back into the truck and it unlocks the Preditor so you can use it on another truck, or sell it. There maybe a way around that I have been told, I have to talk to the programmer at our shop, I should be there tomorrow or Friday.

That is very nice. Superchips does not work that way. Once it unlocks your VIN, there is no going back to make it work with another truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts