Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I were to put 2 electric cut-outs in the exhaust system where would the best place be? I surely want them after the cats so that I supress some of the noise. I saw the 1 cutout setup in the faq and really would like to use 2 instead. I hope Specktor Werkes doesnt mind me stealing their pic for this thread.

Also...what size is the pipe? 2.5"?

·
Registered
BLK 05 CTS-V (sold) 92 Widebody NSX (current) Looking for V2
181 Posts
i've seen it right after the bend, before the mufflers. got a pic some where but not at home rite now do a search should be some pics floating around.

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
excuse the ignorance here, and i'm not trying to be smart, but isn't the purpose of the cutouts to be as loud as possible?

as in, you throw a switch, and the flange opens in the cutouts, and you bypass as much of your exhaust system as possible, so there's maximum sound and maximum exhaust flow?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V Redline
743 Posts
excuse the ignorance here, and i'm not trying to be smart, but isn't the purpose of the cutouts to be as loud as possible?

as in, you throw a switch, and the flange opens in the cutouts, and you bypass as much of your exhaust system as possible, so there's maximum sound and maximum exhaust flow?
Yeah, you are correct. I am considering doing this and would put it before the cat if possible.

However, OP mentioned he wants to lose some of the noise in his post, though I doubt it would cut it much.

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
but that would be loud all the time... the whole purpose of electric cutouts is so that you can flow through your normal exhaust (for the silence, or for daily driving), or flip the switch and have the loudness

but if you say it's going to throw codes, that's a totally different story. scary.

·
Registered
Cadillac
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea. I want it quiet most of them time and loud when I want. I dont want to do it pre cat. I am not doing it to be cheap just to have control of the loudness. Right b4 the mufflers sounds cool do you have that pic?

·
Registered
157 Posts
After the cat but before the resonator is the best place. My old '04 is on DMH Performance website. You will be disapointed if you put it after the resonator. I never threw a code and I had a stock tune on that car with no other mods except a CAI. It sounded awesome.:eek:

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V (Blk, 6spd, Recaros), 2007 Cadillac CTS-V (sold)
717 Posts
After the cat but before the resonator is the best place. My old '04 is on DMH Performance website. You will be disapointed if you put it after the resonator. I never threw a code and I had a stock tune on that car with no other mods except a CAI. It sounded awesome.:eek:
Where is the resonator in the stock exhaust that you are referring to??

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
800 Posts
Where is the resonator in the stock exhaust that you are referring to??
If you look at the picture of the stock exhaust on the first page of this thread: The resonator is the first muffler looking thing from on the left with 2 pipes coming in and 2 going out. Its basically a noise baffle.

·
Registered
Cadillac
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I made this post before I actually took delivery of my car. I have now been driving it for about 1 month and I really enjoy the silence. I used to have a no cat/header/loudmouth Camaro. I think I will be leaving it the way it is for a while.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts