Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'97 Catera (Ocean)
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was watching TV today and this usFidelis comercial comes on talking about the cost of repairs on cars and stuff, so get this....The car they are showcasing as their fixer upper is non other than our beloved Catera....Talk about a low blow!

·
Registered
2000 Catera Sport
390 Posts
So I was watching TV today and this usFidelis commercial comes on talking about the cost of repairs on cars and stuff, so get this....The car they are showcasing as their fixer upper is non other than our beloved Catera....Talk about a low blow!
I know I saw that too!!! Me and the wife were crackin up! The Catera is the perfect example of why you need one of these warranties. Surprised they would even cover the Cat. I think they'd LOOSE $$ that way.

·
Registered
'97 Catera (Ocean)
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think they said that the car has to be under 10 years old to qualify or something, if thats the case all of us pre facelift guys are screwed..lol

·
Registered
Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport
1,840 Posts
I've seen 2 versions of this commercial. One says 10 years and the other 15.

·
Registered
'97 Catera (Ocean)
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too bad I don't live state side, I'd buy the plan and the next day make my claim...lol...My car has less that 150k miles...So I'd qualify that way. Actually I have almost 128K miles exactly

·
Registered
2000 Catera Sport
390 Posts
Too bad I don't live state side, I'd buy the plan and the next day make my claim...lol...My car has less that 150k miles...So I'd qualify that way. Actually I have almost 128K miles exactly
I believe they make you wait 6 months before you can file a claim. Pretty lame.

·
Registered
'97 Catera (Ocean)
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bad luck I guess, every repair I've made to the car has lasted. Suspension is my next hurdle. Can't do fronts myself without a spring compressor so I get stuck with the labour costs for that. Rear is a DIY, most other things as well.

·
Registered
2000 Catera Sport
390 Posts
Bad luck I guess, every repair I've made to the car has lasted. Suspension is my next hurdle. Can't do fronts myself without a spring compressor so I get stuck with the labour costs for that. Rear is a DIY, most other things as well.
Most auto parts stores will loan you a spring compressor. I changed springs on another car once and it was real easy to use.

·
Registered
'97 Catera (Ocean)
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I might poke around local shop, see they would loan it. Gotta source the parts first, limited budget, ya'll know how it is

1 - 11 of 11 Posts