Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
xts
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A hard decision between 2014 used XTS and 2015 new XTS. Both of them are basic Premium AWD model.
For 2015 XTS, autopriceshare dealer asked for $52488 (MSRP is $57895). For the 2014 XTS model, its condition is pretty good and mileage is around 20000, the price is $46000.
In your opinion, which one should I choose? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2013 XTS-4 Premium
185 Posts
Not much difference, so how much 'new' do you want?
If you have full warranty and intend to keep it a long time, mileage probably doesn't matter. Check the history, if all the bugs are ironed out, I'd probably go for the older one!

·
Registered
2014 XTS Vsport
32 Posts
My understanding is the the '14 and the '15 models are the same car. Only change was the addition of wifi availability in the 2015 car.

But, for me, saving 6.5K to have a car that already has 20,000 miles on it ... that's a lot of miles and the price knockdown of only 6.5K doesn't make it that much of a bargain. Drop it to 42K maybe. Otherwise, I'd pay up and get the brand spanking new one. But that's me. I'm inclined to get new of everything I buy.

·
Registered
118 Posts
15 Premium going for 51k or a 14 for 41k would be my price point. Miles don't matter if you are going to keep the car.. This car will do 200k miles without any major repairs. The engine and tranny are proven and tested combo, and you want fine many compliant on either. Look at all the different brands GM use them in. So me, I'd go for the 14 save the money,. I still get "is that a 15" from admires of my 13, no one know the difference but you.

·
Registered
1990 Cadillac Seville 2003 Cadillac DTS 2010 DTS Platinum
538 Posts
Only reason I'm even considering an xts is because of the major discounts on them. I bet it will get even more spicy when the ct6 drops.. xts isant a bad car to me

----------

15 Premium going for 51k or a 14 for 41k would be my price point. Miles don't matter if you are going to keep the car.. This car will do 200k miles without any major repairs. The engine and tranny are proven and tested combo, and you want fine many compliant on either. Look at all the different brands GM use them in. So me, I'd go for the 14 save the money,. I still get "is that a 15" from admires of my 13, no one know the difference but you.
Only difference I know is that kono brown interior which I love

·
Registered
Cadillac CT6 (2019)
2,280 Posts
If you tend to trade regularly, maybe the used XTS is the one for you; if you tend to hang-on longer, maybe you'd want the new one. Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
none
1 Posts
For the 2014 XTS model, its condition is pretty good and mileage is around 20000, the price is $46000.
I'm sure the dealer hopes you'll buy the '14 because he is going to make a TONof money off that deal! High $30's for that car. What has your research found for pricing?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts