Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new to the forums and looking to buy a Cadillac DTS from 2006-2008. I'm probably leaning towards the Performance or Luxury III trim. Are there any well known reliability issues to watch for and in general, how is the reliability on this vehicle. I also have a European luxury car (2011 Volvo S80 with 110000+ miles) so I'm used to paying higher amounts for maintenance. Luckily, that car has not had any major issues other than an alternator failure. How much should I expect to pay and what should I look for in buying my vehicle? Thanks again!

P.S: My budget is under $13000, preferably around $10000.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,489 Posts
It's all posted in these "DTS", Deville, Seville, and Engines; Northstar threads for years. All the roses and warts, hopes and fears. Pour a decent bourbon and water and start reading.

Also study the entire Cadillac Technical Archive way up ^^^ in the top black bar as well as all the sticky threads on any forum main page of interest.

Use www.kbb.com to enter your car of interest, then figure your desired condition and sales point - dealer or private. Private can be less pricey, but you have NO way of knowing the car's history unless the owner is/was one of the very, very few who keep records or even open the hood.

Welcome to CF !!! :welcome:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts