Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Direct Injection
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to get the dimensions, but i want to attached a new 2015 CTS or ATS Upper grille to my 2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Premium. Any shops out there looked at this yet?

·
Registered
cts
320 Posts
So I'm trying to get the dimensions, but i want to attached a new 2015 CTS or ATS Upper grille to my 2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Premium. Any shops out there looked at this yet?

they aren't even close in dimension...
someone would have to design one from scratch in that horizontal style.

just black out the dull grey of your 2008 grille if you want it too look modern.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its more then that, the new emblem is way better too. I already put it on the rear trunk lid and took off the old one, But I'm looking around at custom body shops to see if they could get that front end to fit on my car, buy the new bumper & grille assembly, with side skirts, and cut whatever to fit on current hood.

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
1,229 Posts
its more then that, the new emblem is way better too. I already put it on the rear trunk lid and took off the old one, But I'm looking around at custom body shops to see if they could get that front end to fit on my car, buy the new bumper & grille assembly, with side skirts, and cut whatever to fit on current hood.
Just go trade in and get a new one. Don't try and pretend to make your car something it's not.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
putting the new grill is not trying to make my car something its now, i have never liked this cadillac emblem with the things around it, the new one is much more modern.

·
Registered
2016 CTS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD (sold)
823 Posts
putting the new grill is not trying to make my car something its now, i have never liked this cadillac emblem with the things around it, the new one is much more modern.
If the emblem is your main concern, it would be easier/cheaper to convert to a V bumper. You can buy a V grille without the emblem. Then, get the new emblem and just glue it onto the V grille.

·
Registered
2009 CTS Sedan 3.6L DI
24 Posts
I'm not sure why the majority of people on this site are afraid to try new things. I agree 100% that the 2015 ATS/CTS look much much better than the 2008! If it's just a grill change, I'm pretty sure this can be accomplished with some fiberglass skills. It seems as if the grill is a bit shorter, and the "bumper" between the upper and lower grill is a bit larger. Give it a try! It may be an expensive mistake, or it may be a fantastic modification! If you decide to do it, post pics! I have done several modifications in the past to other vehicles, sometimes I failed, and sometimes it came out great. Later this year, I will be modifying the center stack to accommodate an aftermarket GPS, but alas, I guarantee the majority of this site will tell me it can't be done!

----------

BTW, there are several 2015 CTS grills for under $200 on eBay...the ATS is a bit more.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,159 Posts
:party:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts