Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 XTS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JeffC...... you helped me out with this USB problem a few months ago.
However I'm still having a problem......if I'm out running errands after I start & turn the motor off about 3 times ......the cue tells me it doesn't detect a device.....HELP!!!!!!!!! this is really making me unhappy with my XTS I've tried removing the USB stick before turning the car off & reinserting it after starting the car again....NOPE! that does no good at all....then if I'm lucky maybe it will work the next time I drive my car ....which may be 3 or 4 days. WOW someone didn't check this CUE out before installing in all the Caddys. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !!!!

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
Have you taken the USB stick and plugged it into your PC to find out if the USB drive is bad/corrupt? If not, try it...Windows may be able to repair it automatically if it's needed. Also, which USB port are you using in the car? (They should all work but I use the one in the "hidden compartment")

Also, when you take the USB stick out and put it back in, it needs time to re-index everything, which has taken up to 10 minutes for me. If you leave it in, it still does a "scan" when restarting the car, but it doesn't take long plus you can still play songs.

·
Registered
2013 XTS Premium Black Diamond - 2011 CTS Luxury Black Raven
108 Posts
That has been an ongoing problem for me as well. I have even switched out USB drives and it still persists. It's one of those inherent problems that can't be explained. Sometimes if I switch over to CD player ad let it play for a song or two then switch back it connects. Other times I try to wait it out and allow it to reprogram itself. But that all depends on my mood at the time

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
Wow, I haven't had any issues with the USB drive...guess I've been lucky.

12,778 Posts
However I'm still having a problem......if I'm out running errands after I start & turn the motor off about 3 times ......the cue tells me it doesn't detect a device.....HELP!!!!!!!!! this is really making me unhappy with my XTS I've tried removing the USB stick before turning the car off & reinserting it after starting the car again....NOPE! that does no good at all....then if I'm lucky maybe it will work the next time I drive my car ....which may be 3 or 4 days. WOW someone didn't check this CUE out before installing in all the Caddys. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !!!!
Hello all,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing USB concerns in your XTS, Furthermore; we want to ensure that you have the best connectivity possible in your vehicle. Additionally, our Cue infotainment team is in the best position to assist at 855-428-3669. We are also available my PM if you have any other questions or concerns at all.

Enjoy your evening,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Hello all,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing USB concerns in your XTS, Furthermore; we want to ensure that you have the best connectivity possible in your vehicle. Additionally, our Cue infotainment team is in the best position to assist at 855-428-3669. We are also available my PM if you have any other questions or concerns at all.

Enjoy your evening,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

1 - 7 of 7 Posts