Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Escalade AWD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What MP3 players work with the USB input for a Cadillac Escalade 2012? I know Iphone and IPod, but no android? What about just a USB stick with song on it?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade Premium AWD
157 Posts
That's what I use, a plain USB stick, with files arranged in folders. I use MP3Tag to mass-edit the genre of the files, so that it's easy to see the interface group them by that.
The system as a whole sucks big-time, very outdated and many basic features are missing: no song duration, can't skip, random randomizes the whole list, not just the genre selected. But sound quality is great, and it's very easy to maintain, the stick is hidden inside the center console between the front seats.

·
Registered
2014 Luxury
4 Posts
Mine has gremlins....LOL. Even though I only use the USB, every time I shut the SUV off and come back after a brief time, it changes to the radio, either FM or XM. And there seems to be no
listing protocol....not alpha...not numerical. Crazy and frustrating.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
Mine has gremlins....LOL. Even though I only use the USB, every time I shut the SUV off and come back after a brief time, it changes to the radio, either FM or XM. And there seems to be no
listing protocol....not alpha...not numerical. Crazy and frustrating.
Same issue here. I just make sure my playlist is in an order I like and let it play. At least it is better than having nothing to listen to on the radio and absurd fees for XM.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts