Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
CTS4 AWD 2011
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I am a new Cadillac owner and first time poster on this forum.

What exact cords/connections do I need to get my 2011 CTS4 to recognize my iPhone through the USB cord and play my music and such. I will charge the phone but will not recognize the device!?

·
Registered
2012 V Coupe Black Raven, 2011 CTS Premium Coupe Black Raven, 2010 CTS Premium Sedan
236 Posts
APcts4 said:
Hey guys! I am a new Cadillac owner and first time poster on this forum. What exact cords/connections do I need to get my 2011 CTS4 to recognize my iPhone through the USB cord and play my music and such. I will charge the phone but will not recognize the device!?
May I suggest going totally wireless. I just bought this Streambot by MPow and it's really cool. Although ur CTS will recognize ur iPhone and answer calls, it won't play your music without cord or some bluetooth device like this Mpow Streambot. This is what I found in my long searches to be the best wireless bluetooth streamer. It has been awesome for me not to have to plug my phone in every time I get in my car. Enjoy!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Version-Mpow-Streambot-Mini-Wireless-Bluetooth-4-0-Audio-Music-Streaming-/221703911196?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339e95371c

·
Registered
2012 V Coupe Black Raven, 2011 CTS Premium Coupe Black Raven, 2010 CTS Premium Sedan
236 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CTS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD (sold)
823 Posts
after shipping the price will be the same. It's not free like Amazon suggest. And I'm not toatlly convinced it'll be any faser either....Fyi
If you are a Prime Member, then its a 2-day free shipping, otherwise, you need to purchase a total of $35 or more for free shipping.

----------

May I suggest going totally wireless. I just bought this Streambot by MPow and it's really cool. Although ur CTS will recognize ur iPhone and answer calls, it won't play your music without cord or some bluetooth device like this Mpow Streambot. This is what I found in my long searches to be the best wireless bluetooth streamer. It has been awesome for me not to have to plug my phone in every time I get in my car. Enjoy!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Version-Mpow-Streambot-Mini-Wireless-Bluetooth-4-0-Audio-Music-Streaming-/221703911196?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339e95371c
Keep in mind if you go Bluetooth audio, you wont have the capability of controlling the music on the nav screen and steering wheel (assuming the OP has nav).

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,359 Posts
To have to keep this thing charged, and turn it on every time I get in the car...too much hassle for me. I'll stay wired. Plugging in a wire is easier and I don't have to go in the console to turn anything on each time I use it.

·
Registered
CTS4 AWD 2011
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies! I had never thought of the streambot/totally wireless option. I guess I have some research to do. Stayed wired or go wireless is the question.

Thanks again!

----------

Did you have a 30-pin adapter before you got you Streambot? How often do you have to charge you Streambot? Thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
APcts4 said:
Thanks for the replies! I had never thought of the streambot/totally wireless option. I guess I have some research to do. Stayed wired or go wireless is the question. Thanks again! ---------- Did you have a 30-pin adapter before you got you Streambot? How often do you have to charge you Streambot? Thanks
I've only had mine for 2 weeks or so and haven't charged it yet. I'm thinking since it comes with a Micro USB charger, u can use that cord and plug it in to ur USB port in ur console and keep it charged all the time. I would imagine that would work but not 100% positive. And no I don't have or use a 30 pin adapter. What's the 30 pin adapter for?

·
Registered
Black Tesla Model 3, long range, AWD
689 Posts
Another option to consider would be to load your music library onto a flash drive and just leave it plugged into the USB port in the center console at all times. I had a 16GB flash drive laying around so I did just that and it is so nice to not have to take my phone out and plug it in every time I drive. Just start the car and boom, all my music is there. What's nice is that the system actually recognizes ID3 tags and will let you browse through the drive for artists, genre, album, etc.

When a new song is added to my music library, I just bring the drive inside with me after I drive, load the song, put it back in my car when I drive next, and it's done. Yeah it's an extra step but the way I see it, it's a small price to pay to be able to leave my phone in my pocket when I drive.

·
Registered
2011 Thunder Gray CTS Premium
24 Posts
I have a bluetooth adapter from my previous car and I HATE having to open the center console to turn it on EVERYTIME.

Id go for wired if I could. But then again, between the 40 gig hard drive and a usb flash drive, I have all of my music covered... except for when I want to stream.

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
First post here!
I just bought a 2011 cts (premium, I think. Still figuring that out). I had an aftermarket adaptor from my previous vehicle that did not work in the Caddy. I bought the AC Delco adaptor and used my 30 pin/lighting adapter and everything works fine. I could only play music with the other USB/3.5mm adapter I had, but with the GM one I get full control of music, playlists etc through the Nav.
I had reviewed tons of posts here with confusing replies as to whether I would get full functionality, but I do. Phone through BT, and full functionality through the Nav. Now to just figure out contacts and addresses for Nav

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thanks for you post!

Marv

1 - 15 of 15 Posts