Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
05' CTS-V
3,718 Posts
I have a bluetooth receiver in my other car...it works, but be warned the sound quality is not the same as a plug in connection....cool that they offer it though, whats the price on this??

·
Registered
NONE
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I am sure the PA15-VETTE will be sunset now that the new model is out later this month, so expect the base unit around the same price $169.99, but the BT module is an extra cost but then you get the best of both wired & wireless.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_581PA15VET/USA-Spec-iPod-Interface.html?tp=120

You can usually find it cheaper elsewhere from Crutchfield, however...

·
Registered
2007 CTS
1 Posts
Just bought my first Cadillac yesterday, a 2007 CTS, and couldn't be happier.

After ordering the PA50-VETTE today, I called USA Spec and they said that the Bluetooth Module would be available in about 8 weeks. I asked how it worked, and they said that the sound goes through the car speakers, but that the module comes with it's own microphone. I was wondering if it used the OnStar microphone, but apparently that's not the case.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Will this work on a 2003 w/ Nav, Bose, XM? Don't care about the BT, just trying to find something current in this giant mess of ipod options. Thanks.

·
Registered
2003 CTS
44 Posts
Will this work on a 2003 w/ Nav, Bose, XM? Don't care about the BT, just trying to find something current in this giant mess of ipod options. Thanks.
exactly my question.... I have an 03 but without navigation and just need a viable option for my ipod.... the RF freq adapters and tape player adapters sound like crap

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
Just bought my first Cadillac yesterday, a 2007 CTS, and couldn't be happier.

After ordering the PA50-VETTE today, I called USA Spec and they said that the Bluetooth Module would be available in about 8 weeks. I asked how it worked, and they said that the sound goes through the car speakers, but that the module comes with it's own microphone. I was wondering if it used the OnStar microphone, but apparently that's not the case.
we have tried using the onstar microphone before. it doesn't work well with anything other than onstar. I don't know why. I just know it has been tried to no avail.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the 2003 and the 2004-2007 models? Crutchfield just told me that this adapter won't work on a 2003, but can't tell me why. I have XM, nav, and Bose, so I'm not sure why this wouldn't work. Please help!

·
Registered
05 CTS
12 Posts
Just installed the PA-50 vette in my wife's 05 CTS (XM, BOSE, 6-disc changer, non-NAV). Had problems with the sound quality. Was only able to hear it out of the front right speaker. Called tech support and they told me to cut 2 small wires from the supplied PA50-VETTE wiring harness. Believe the wires were yellow and orange, but can't remember. After I cut the wires, I tried the radio and absolutely no sound. Disconnected the PA50VETTE...no sound. I decided to disconnect the battery, and connect the factory harness back up at the XM receiver. Reconnected the battery and everything worked fine. Disconnected the battery again and connected the PA50VETTE back up. Reconnected the battery, and voila! worked perfect!! The controls on the radio takes some time getting used to, but the sound quality was awesome.

If you are installing this into your CTS, here is my suggestion for the install.

1. Disconnect the battery
2. Use BlackCadillac91's DIY for the USASPEC install (props to BlackCadillac!! pics are awesome...great write up). Since this is my first post, I'm not allowed to post a link, so I posted part of it. Should be pretty simple to get to though just by looking at the link.

cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-first-generation-forum-2003/205539-usa-spec-ipod-interface-diy-how

3. Since the wiring lengths are a little different for the PA50VETTE (compared to the PA15VETTE) I used the supplied velco and installed the PA50VETTE module between the reardeck speaker and the factory xm receiver. (take a look at step 5 in the DIY, you'll see some space where you can put the module)

4. Install and connect the PA50VETTE and plug in your iPod.

5. Reconnect the battery and tune your radio to XM2. If sound quality is great then your done, if it's crappy proceed to step 6.

6. Disconnect the battery.

7. Call tech support and explain the situation. They will instruct you to cut 2 wires on the supplied wiring harness (believe yellow and orange). You will end up cutting the wires near the plug that goes to the PA50VETTE. Then tape up the wires. I think these wires supply power for something, maybe it has something to do with the Bose amp. Not quite sure.

8. Reconnect battery, and try it out.

The installation isn't that bad. There were a few bumps, but all-in-all I'm very happy with the PA50VETTE. I like the idea of bluetooth and according to tech support they are supposed to start shipping July-August timeframe.

Hope this helps...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts