Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this is about fuses.. Please don't hang-up! The accy's not working are all momentary switches.
meaning they all go back to center when released. items include : both door mirrors, pedal adjustment, drivers seat adjustment. I'm thinking it's a multi-fuse or a J-case , I don't think it would be a mini? one of these fuse/relay parts must control all or most of the problems above. There are rear electrical center 1 and 2, they are "J's". What kind of things do the body control fuses control? I know they are mini's , #8 is a J.

Any thought / idea or I know a guy that had that problem, I can put in play to keep this '13 srx luxury out of the shop will be greatly appreciated. btw it has 45k miles if that play's into this.

Thank you, thank you:confused:

·
Registered
399 Posts
OK, this is about fuses.. Please don't hang-up! The accy's not working are all momentary switches.
meaning they all go back to center when released. items include : both door mirrors, pedal adjustment, drivers seat adjustment. I'm thinking it's a multi-fuse or a J-case , I don't think it would be a mini? one of these fuse/relay parts must control all or most of the problems above. There are rear electrical center 1 and 2, they are "J's". What kind of things do the body control fuses control? I know they are mini's , #8 is a J.

Any thought / idea or I know a guy that had that problem, I can put in play to keep this '13 srx luxury out of the shop will be greatly appreciated. btw it has 45k miles if that play's into this.

Thank you, thank you:confused:
Pardon me if I'm off point but does it have anything to do with the auto seat adjustment? (it's not just for seats)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they all quit working at the same time and they are all momentary switches. if you don't want to help do something else

·
Registered
665 Posts
I found a lot of confusion in the original post too, never mind the thread subject heading not matching subject. Had to read three times to figure it out (how do I hang up on a visual written forum?).

Is the problem related only to switches on the driver door? Elsewhere in the cabin?

Are you still using your original battery? A lot of electronics go funny in these high-computerized cars when the battery starts failing.

And beware, a lot of items are not controlled direct by the switches. Pushing the button for the fog lights, for example, doesn't simply connect a circuit and light the bulbs. The 'switch' tells the computer to turn on the circuit for the fog lights. People have ordered the fog assemblies and button, change them out, and still nothing happens. Have to go to the dealer to get them to update the (body?) control module so it knows there are now fogs and button & it needs to listen and respond for commands. Same with heated seats, etc. Everything is controlled via the modules. Fly by wire is now the standard. It's how you get the system to be programmable to recognize fobs and auto adjust things, and remote start to be able to turn on the heated seats & the HVAC automatically.

Max

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks Max, I'm going to jump the seat motor and chase it to the switches and check that route, do you think possibility that the mirrors and pedal adjustment could be on the same power source? Thanks again
Ed
I apologize for the confusion
us the forum figuring it out or paying GM to fix it. I thought it was fairly straight forward.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm thinking it's the memory module. Considering you indicate it's the seat, mirrors, and pedal adjustment. Those are all controlled thru & stored in that module. If I remember correctly, someone else had that problem and that was the fix. I don't know where it is located nor if it's user changeable.

Max

1 - 12 of 12 Posts