Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, let me tell you that I'm a new Cadillac owner and I have to say I'm glad of my purchase.

I have a 2002 Escalade EXT Pearl and she's beautiful.

I do believe that I'm having an issue with my URPA.

Based on reading the owners manual I should be hearing audio tones as well as the light indicators should change colors the closer I get to an object.

Neather things are working they way the manual indicates, all I get is a constant red blinking light, no matter how close I get to an object with no audio tones.

Is there a way to check the system or does someone have access to a service manual indicating how to diagnose the issue?

Thanks in advance!

-Frank
 

·
Moderator
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
Joined
·
5,826 Posts
AINTNOFORD said:
Take any hitches or any thing sticking out of the receiver out. The sensor is picking it up. :)
Not necessarily, I have a hitch step installed and it doesn't interfere with my backup sensors at all.

Do you have an aftermarket head unit installed?
 

·
Registered
2002 Escalade, 2004 Cts-V, 2006 Hummer H3
Joined
·
635 Posts
If it's under warranty still i'd just take it to the dealer and let them figure it out... Thats what you pay the Cadillac premium for... I have read a lot of horror stories on here but my dealer has been excellent to me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
the rear park assist will not work if you are going faster than 3 MPH. you will get the blinking red light to let you know thet you have exceded this. if you are going below 3 MPH it is in the URPA control module as the speed is brodcast over the BUSS and you would see many other issues (i.e. non/intermitant working speedo SES light poor shifting .......)
 

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk
Joined
·
3,963 Posts
The red blinking light under 3 MPH is its way of telling you there is a problem. The stealer can pull the codes but it's a very simple system - it's going to be either the module itself or one of the sensors. It's more likely one of the sensors but determining which one is tough.

Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for everyones reply.

1) I do not have a receiver hitch (tow ball)

2) I have the system enabled

3) of course I backing up less than 3 mph :)

Sounds like I might have a sensor problem then. :(

oh joy...

Is there a DIY proceedure to test the sensors?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
turbojimmy said:
The red blinking light under 3 MPH is its way of telling you there is a problem. The stealer can pull the codes but it's a very simple system - it's going to be either the module itself or one of the sensors. It's more likely one of the sensors but determining which one is tough.
Jim

Hey Jimmy, didn't you once own a Typhoon? The turbojimmy gives it away. I own both a ty and sy.
 

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
Joined
·
13,353 Posts
Fcanedy said:
Thanks for everyones reply.

1) I do not have a receiver hitch (tow ball)

2) I have the system enabled

3) of course I backing up less than 3 mph :)

Sounds like I might have a sensor problem then. :(

oh joy...

Is there a DIY proceedure to test the sensors?
Sounds like a trip to the dealer, it could be somehting as simple as a connection problem near the bumper. :(
 

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk
Joined
·
3,963 Posts
Sycosis said:
Hey Jimmy, didn't you once own a Typhoon? The turbojimmy gives it away. I own both a ty and sy.
Yes! I used to have a black '92 Typhoon. The financial and time strain associated with maintaining both turbo cars led me to sell the Typhoon. I tried to modify it and rely on it as a daily driver which didn't work out so well. Still have the GN though.

Jim
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top